The elephant in the room

United are currently top of the league at the end of the first week in October because they fully deserve to be.  

Who they have played is of no real significance as there are no easy games in this division and they have currently won more games than anyone so far by beating the opponents chosen for them in the early stages.  Fair play to 'em!

The true elephant in the room is the virus that was prevalent around this time last year and seemed to go away but now has returned and shown to still be living in the immune systems of many of our fans again now.

Bigwhiningfannywhoisshowingusupandforgettingwhatusuallyhappenswhenitcomestothosesillytwatsgettinggiddytoosoon is now classified as a viral syndrome.

Best treatment is to stay quiet until the symptoms calm down a bit.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Any side in this division looking for a new boss who isn't looking at Wilder must be mental 

He hasn't put a foot wrong as a Manager with each and every club he's been at 

To me it makes no difference what club he's at but with United he's been sensational, i'd rather he stayed with them because if any Manager is going to get Villa going it would be Wilder, let them have a punt on someone like Henry and carry on being being car crash rather than having Wilder sort them out for a promotion push

Yes, Tufty's shaping up to be the best we've had in this city for a generation.

And I think they will go for Henri too.

But why?

Is it because we're so far off the football radar in this city now that nobody notices what we do?

Sheff Utd are doing great and well done to them. They are showing that there is no one to fear in this league and that a modest budget won't hold you back.

I agree with the OP that it will be affecting some of our fans. I also agree with the Blade who posted in that we can't deny we look for their results. It's natural for rivals to do so. 

To let them being top get you down is silly though. I love beating them and hate losing to them but our destiny is in our hands and it makes no difference to us where they are.

BTW wishing their manager would leave is a sign of fear. Cut it out.

2 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

Yes, Tufty's shaping up to be the best we've had in this city for a generation.

And I think they will go for Henri too.

But why?

Is it because we're so far off the football radar in this city now that nobody notices what we do?

He isn’t a fashionable manager is he. I think the new owners there were advised to be sensible and pick Bruce over Henry. Now that the fans turned he had to go, but would the sensible choice appeal to them again? These people usually like to make a statement.

I think he might turn them down actually given what’s riding on promotion there. After all, he’d have to spend money too and appearently he hates that, it’s not the right way. :ph34r:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, vulture_squadron said:

Sheff Utd are doing great and well done to them. They are showing that there is no one to fear in this league and that a modest budget won't hold you back.

I agree with the OP that it will be affecting some of our fans. I also agree with the Blade who posted in that we can't deny we look for their results. It's natural for rivals to do so. 

To let them being top get you down is silly though. I love beating them and hate losing to them but our destiny is in our hands and it makes no difference to us where they are.

BTW wishing their manager would leave is a sign of fear. Cut it out

The bottom line is until we are above them in the League I won't rest, and I hope the Wednesday players have the same attitude. At that point I'm happy to admire their acheivements. Kind of reminds me of the Glory days under Gary Megson,

garymegson

who will remain the only Wednesday Manager to be sacked the day after beating Dem Pigs.

I have to admit they have laid down an exceptionally high marker, for which I'll give Chris Wilder credit. He's quite obviously not just a Pub League Manager, but neither is Jos.

16 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

He isn’t a fashionable manager is he. I think the new owners there were advised to be sensible and pick Bruce over Henry. Now that the fans turned he had to go, but would the sensible choice appeal to them again? These people usually like to make a statement.

I think he might turn them down actually given what’s riding on promotion there. After all, he’d have to spend money too and appearently he hates that, it’s not the right way. :ph34r:

I think it would be a tough call for Wilder.

I mean, United don't back their managers.

Yes he's a Sheffielder, but  that cuts two ways, doesn't it?

'Arry didn't get sufficiently backed, Colin didn't when he got them up, and if last January and this summer are anything to go by history is repeating itself.

Things turn very quickly in football, and a manager can't keep making a silk purse out of a sow's ear indefinitely.

Incredibly, there were Blades who wanted him out in the second half of last season because results had dipped. WTF:

Let's say United lose a play-off, and there's a hangover next season, he could end up doing the Shoreham shuffle and his chance of managing a big club would be gone.

He'll only get the chance of managing a club like Villa when it's on its uppers.

It's very difficult for a British manager to get a job in the PL unless he gains promotion to it.

Tufty would be making himself a hostage to fortune if he stays at the Lane, in fact a hostage to McCabe.

And I doubt many of us would like to think that our career prospects depended on him.

8 hours ago, Cheshowl said:

There's no doubt about it, just having them in the same league definitely magnifies reactions whether they be positive or negative. It just happens to be that they are doing well (spit).

It's always been livelier when we're in the same division.

I know plenty of blades who are quite grounded, every club has its share of bell ends. 

Try working in Leeds, you'll realise the grunts aren't so bad.

Good luck to em.

28 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

I think it would be a tough call for Wilder.

I mean, United don't back their managers.

Yes he's a Sheffielder, but  that cuts two ways, doesn't it?

'Arry didn't get sufficiently backed, Colin didn't when he got them up, and if last January and this summer are anything to go by history is repeating itself.

Things turn very quickly in football, and a manager can't keep making a silk purse out of a sow's ear indefinitely.

Incredibly, there were Blades who wanted him out in the second half of last season because results had dipped. WTF:

Let's say United lose a play-off, and there's a hangover next season, he could end up doing the Shoreham shuffle and his chance of managing a big club would be gone.

He'll only get the chance of managing a club like Villa when it's on its uppers.

It's very difficult for a British manager to get a job in the PL unless he gains promotion to it.

Tufty would be making himself a hostage to fortune if he stays at the Lane, in fact a hostage to McCabe.

And I doubt many of us would like to think that our career prospects depended on him.

In all seriousness he should take it if offered. Most would.

Plus, it removes the inevitable scenario at some point where public opinion turns negative and he gets sacked.

Edited by Bluesteel

39 minutes ago, Ridgeback owl said:

Some of our fans are turning into the bitter pigs (bl###s pigs).. More 

bothered about where they are than we are  !!!

they are doing ok at the moment ....But will blow off at some point

bored with typing the rest of thread .......

I think it's more about the circumstances of it, though.

Had United spent as we have, and were top, then I think Owls fans would be a lot less concerned.

I guess what's galling is that they've assembled that squad for the price of a pickled egg, whereas we have spent a king's ransom .... and are paying a king's ransom in ticket prices to fund it.

Most Owls (and Blades, to be fair) realize that this situation is because of one man, and one man only.

So of course Owls fans will be lobbying Villains to go for Tufty

I've recommended him to so many different people, I should be charging him commission. lol

We may overhaul United without Villa's help, but our task would be made a darn sight easier with Elbows at the Lane. :CEO:

• Haha 1

He has to get above 10th this season at the very least with the money he has spent. Norwood is the only quality addition in my eyes and keeping oconnel but he is literally there very last piece of asset they can sell as there academy is absolutely dog poo and has been for some time. None are forcing there way into the team on a regular basis. They have alot players getting on a bit now like sharp Duffy Clarke...They are fizzed basically end of thread lol lol