Bristol City - V -The Wednesday OMDT

6 minutes ago, Owls_fan_since_1983 said:

Come on Wednesday,   hopefully Reach will score 10 cracking goals today,   

Lets try to defend a lead,   and not be too greedy with the ball does not matter who scores for Wednesday,   forget your goal bonus. 

Indeed. Let's try and get Brizzle to score 5 own goals; we should win and not paying any goal bonuses will help with FFP. FFS. Come on boys!

Not won in 7 down there. Any team with that record at Hillsborough would turn up on the 8th try and stuff us. 

Still, it's Wednesday we support so expecting another draw or loss. We don't win the games that fire us up the table. Just like WBA match. 85 minutes of quality before the football gods realised what we were about to do. We need some way to distract em I reckon cos there's no way it's a coincidence the way we stuff it up so regularly. You lot will have to be optimistic on my behalf cos I see nothing other than disappointment today I'm afraid. 

Come on, prove me wrong, I dare ya. 

A fine morning in Bristol. Off for a stroll and a hearty breakfast somewhere in the docks after a sixteen pint evening last night. (Disclaimer: may not have been sixteen pints). Then off to the game with the lad, who is a student down here. 

Still feel we have the irritating ability to let long periods of games drift by eg the appalling second half surrender to Leeds. Getting a real spanking is never out of the question and we may get one today.

20181007_093841.jpg

After a run of games where we've been the  underdog, a more evenly matched  game that is winnable  albeit at a ground where we've not done well recently.

The biggest challenge is how we react mentally to the disappointment of Wednesday, physically with another international break can afford to play a strong side. Jos seemed confident and think/hope he has something up his sleeve tactically akin to Villa. 

Our usual 2-1 win would be a great result going into the break, makes the table look a wihole  lot better and set us up for a difficult game v Middlesbrough.

Bristol is a quality place, went down when we played Rovers when we were in the pub league.

Snoots I’m going to start using your threads to educate these poor souls about Heavy effing Metal. Hope you don’t mind because if you do mind I’m going to do it anyway.

One of the biggest metal bands from Bristol are called Onslaught (which is what we need to bring against dem Robins) and this song is called pain (which is what we need to dish out to dem Robins).

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

Not won in 7 down there. Any team with that record at Hillsborough would turn up on the 8th try and stuff us. 

Still, it's Wednesday we support so expecting another draw or loss. We don't win the games that fire us up the table. Just like WBA match. 85 minutes of quality before the football gods realised what we were about to do. We need some way to distract em I reckon cos there's no way it's a coincidence the way we stuff it up so regularly. You lot will have to be optimistic on my behalf cos I see nothing other than disappointment today I'm afraid. 

Come on, prove me wrong, I dare ya. 

Couldn’t have put it better.

Would love to be going down there with some optimism but we’re Wednesday and this is how it always pans out.

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Huge game today. Win and in the top six keeping pace with the piglets . Lose and mid table mediocraty awaits . Of course it’s not as make or break as that but would be a great feeling to go into the International break in the playoffs!!

3 hours ago, MAL said:

Start = 13th

Win by 4 goals or more = 5th and will be in Play off's and 5pts from Auto's

Win by 1, 2, 3 goals = 6th and will be in Play off's and 5pts from Auto's

Any Draw = 12th and will be 1pt from Play off's and 7pts from Auto's

Any Loss = 14th and will be 3pts from Play off's and 8pts from Auto's

Are you pitching for a job at Snoots Manor?lol

• Haha 1

Good night out in bristol last night but went in one of the crappest and most pretensions boozers ever called small bar. Only sell ale in 2/3 pints which I didn't realize till I'd paid for it (£4.60) robbing b@ștards then noticed a sign behind the bar, card only from Monday. What is happening to the world? 

3-1 wednesday today. Need a hairy dog 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thewookieisdown said:

A fine morning in Bristol. Off for a stroll and a hearty breakfast somewhere in the docks after a sixteen pint evening last night. (Disclaimer: may not have been sixteen pints). Then off to the game with the lad, who is a student down here. 

Still feel we have the irritating ability to let long periods of games drift by eg the appalling second half surrender to Leeds. Getting a real spanking is never out of the question and we may get one today.

20181007_093841.jpg

You should sign up for a course at your sons college....photography perhaps ?

• Haha 3