Team for Bristol

Finally a slight bit of consistency in the lineup this season. Bannan is back for this weekend which is a big bonus. My team:

Dawson

Lees        Hector        Pudil

Palmer Reach  Pelupessy   Bannan     Penney

FF

Nuhiu

I believe Jos will stick with the back 3/5. It seems to be his default system. 

Dawson

Palmer

Lees

Thorniley

Penney

Onomah

Joey

Bannan

Reach

Fletcher

FF

Id go to a back 4 personally. There’s enough legs in that midfield to screen the back 4. We aren’t good enough with the ball at the back to play a back 3. Pudil and Dave will definitely be rested for this one. Thorniley battles out with Hector for a place in the side. 

5 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Dawson

Palmer

Lees

Thorniley

Penney

Onomah

Joey

Bannan

Reach

Fletcher

FF

Id go to a back 4 personally. There’s enough legs in that midfield to screen the back 4. We aren’t good enough with the ball at the back to play a back 3. Pudil and Dave will definitely be rested for this one. Thorniley battles out with Hector for a place in the side. 

I know it's all about opinions but leaving Hector out is a very big call....

7 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Dawson

Palmer

Lees

Thorniley

Penney

Onomah

Joey

Bannan

Reach

Fletcher

FF

It’s a difficult call.

I like 4 at the back simply because it allows us to play that proper midfield 3 with Reach and FF as wide players.

It just looks so well balanced.

But despite being under a lot of pressure in the last two we have defended well with 3 at the back.

It also helps at set pieces.

It didn’t go too well last season when Jos changed to a 4 at Bristol 

Glad it’s not my call

5 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

It’s a difficult call.

I like 4 at the back simply because it allows us to play that proper midfield 3 with Reach and FF as wide players.

It just looks so well balanced.

But despite being under a lot of pressure in the last two we have defended well with 3 at the back.

It also helps at set pieces.

It didn’t go too well last season when Jos changed to a 4 at Bristol 

Glad it’s not my call

True points. a back 3 is a definite I believe, the only indefinite is the personal haha

I'd like Both the loanees in, I think they have added a much needed boost to the side in terms of height and pace through the middle.

Dawson

Palmer

Lees

Hector

Thorniley

Penney

Onomah

Bannan

Reach

Forrestieri

Fletcher

May as well start Reach on the right of a three so he can be nearer his prime shooting spot, FF cutting in from the left can work a treat too.

Will need Hector to step forward to allow Bannan or Onomahto get up to Fletcher though and stop us getting out numbered in the middle.

It's a tough call to go away from home and drop Joey though. Might see FF on the bench instead

Pudil was looking a bit stressed for the last 15mins. constantly holding the bridge of his nose. Obviously the break is concerning him.

At one point he was leaning on the advertising boards in front of the north and looked out of it for while....

Therefore if Thorniley is fit i think he may play instead.

55 minutes ago, Almat said:

I know it's all about opinions but leaving Hector out is a very big call....

His distribution on Wednesday was very poor. I lost count of the times he gave the ball away. Don’t get me wrong he’s done ok since he come in and has brought height to the team which we need. Thorniley is very good tho and is ready.

Its a very tricky one. We either play 3-4-3 or go 4-3-3 and I’d rather go with a back 4 personally. Few reasons why; our centre defenders aren’t good enough on the ball to start attacks and bring the ball out of defence and this is pivotal in this formation. Did you see Lees trying to bring the ball out of the right side of defence on Wednesday night. Looked very uncomfortable. Neither Baker or Palmer are good enough in attacking areas on the right in this formation. Moreover, if we do play Bannan and Onomah and Joeypussy in a midfield 3, there’s enough legs in there to help the back line and support the strikers. Man City and Liverpool play this system brilliantly and both teams have energetic midfield players.

Edited by Bouncing Owl