I think Jos is doing a good job

Average position 12th average manager more players fit so bit better than under him last year. Now he seems to have learned waiting till halftime to attack is stupid we are much better. This squad now with more players back and the young players are better than mud table. Would be playoffs with a manager with tactical awareness. With Jos we will be mid table. No dramas wasted year. 

Would love to be proven wrong. 

We could be so much better.

So far the top teams we have faced are not firing on all cylinders yet. Good we played them now but made us look better

• Haha 3

The guys worked under a cloud his entire time here,horrendous injury list last season,an embargo this term,hes had to use the emerging talent,and unearthed a couple of decent little prospects in Thorniley and Penney,hopefully a couple more can grasp their chance.

Hes doing ok,looking at the bigger picture Im sure hes planning for the future

Think his approach to the manager's role is a breath of fresh air. Really like what he brought to the club, and hope he can build up on it.

Got totally different role to Carlos, as I believe he is brought in to build young and talented squad on sensible budget, rather then to get us promoted as quickly as possible.

Given time, he may well end up doing something pretty good here. 

I feel like he and the club are laying down some reasonable foundations for the future. 

Such is the shelf life of a Championship manager, it's very hard to know whether Jos will be the man to oversee when it all (hopefully) comes together. 

Needless to say, I think there's a decent chance that fans will look back at Jos' time at the club and think he did a good job. 

He's done an absolutely Incredible job

- No real money to spend

- Only one real transfer on a limited budget and recognised we needed Centre mid strengthening, and for the money spent JP has been a great signing

- Has trusted, and developed, the u23s to turn around the fortunes of the club under a transfer embargo

- Hector on loan looks like another brilliant acquisition based on the current squad.

- Kept us up with promotion winning form at the end of last season

Things really could have been dramatically worse than they are today if DC had appointed the wrong Manager last season.

As for the calls for certain high earning senior players to be returned to the team. For what reason? The first half of last season was an absolute disgrace. Things had to change regardless of the money spent or what the players had achieved in the past, we were heading for relegation under them for sure.

The one criticism I would have is I really don't like to see Wednesday sit off teams, especially at Hillsborough, but I'm willing to accept Jos may know more about football than I believe I know myself.

Good luck tomorrow Jos, I believe we've got everything to play for this season.

:luhukay:

Edited by Ozymandias Owl
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

- No real money to spend

- Only on real transfer on a limited budget and recognised we needed Centre mid strengthening, and for the money spent JP has been a great signing

- Has trusted, and developed, the u23s to turn around the fortunes of the club under a transfer embargo

- Hector on loan looks like another brilliant acquisition based on the current squad.

Things really could have been dramatically worse than they are today if DC had appointed the wrong Manager last season.

As for the calls for certain high earning senior players to be returned to the team. For what reason? The first half of last season was an absolute disgrace. Things had to change regardless of the money spent or what the players had achieved in the past, we were heading for relegation under them for sure.

The one criticism I would have is I really don't like to see Wednesday sit off teams, especially at Hillsborough, but I'm willing to accept Jos may know more about football than I believe I know myself.

Fine testimony indeed 

Product sold .........

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

Genuine question for everyone, If Jos would have been appointed in summer 2015 instead of Carlos do you reckon we would have been promoted by now? i'm saying yes i believe we would have.

ABSOLUTELY. Unlike clueless, this bloke genuinely seems to know what he's doing....and can pick a player even though he's got nowt to spend.

Edited by Almat

11 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

Genuine question for everyone, If Jos would have been appointed in summer 2015 instead of Carlos do you reckon we would have been promoted by now? i'm saying yes i believe we would have.

Half the side CC brought in gets injured walking to the subs bench.

Someone should take a bullet for the mess hes left us with

I think a lot of credit has to go to Jos for and his team for what's being achieved. He's getting more out of some players than Carlos did and is also introducing some of the youngsters successfully. Even when Jos finally goes I'm sure the next manager will rake the reigns of a club in much better shape than when he first arrived. That's the mark of a well managed club.

6 hours ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

- No real money to spend

- Only one real transfer on a limited budget and recognised we needed Centre mid strengthening, and for the money spent JP has been a great signing

In fairness to the high-earners, they were suffering from a play-off hangover.

Two in fact.

Judging by their performances, even against Rangers, it appeared that many had lost faith in Carlos.

Hooper is a high earner, and we badly miss him IMO.

13 hours ago, ashley8 said:

Average position 12th average manager more players fit so bit better than under him last year. Now he seems to have learned waiting till halftime to attack is stupid we are much better. This squad now with more players back and the young players are better than mud table. Would be playoffs with a manager with tactical awareness. With Jos we will be mid table. No dramas wasted year. 

Would love to be proven wrong. 

We could be so much better.

So far the top teams we have faced are not firing on all cylinders yet. Good we played them now but made us look better

Are you a Dalek? 

• Haha 1

Guest Kameron

I would gladly see him replaced with Steve Bruce today, he’s just not doing it for me.  United aren’t sat top of tree playing negative cautious football, we should be playing to our strengths not setting up differently each game depending on who we’re playing.  Nothing personal against Jos but we need something different, his style will never ever get us promoted because it won’t bring about a consistent run of winning games that is needed to sustain a genuine challenge, it’s constantly one step foreword then two back.  We’ll end the season about where we are now if Jos remains, we should be demanding better.

Edited by Kameron

Overall Jos has done amazing with the conditions he not only came into but the finincial fiasco he had pre season 

he has pretty much had to work with what he’s got.

for me there has been two major achievements 

steadying the ship last season and keeping us notvonly in the division but leading us to a strong finish to the campaign 

bringing several youth players through that look like they can flourish as full time first team players this years the stand outs being thorniley, penny, Dawson

Time will tell how he can be judged this season overal I think team performance and been mixed we had a terrible start but seem to be finding our way so for me I think if we can start picking up more wins consistently we will be fine to compete with the play offs which would be an excellent campaign 

the down side could be a very mediocre mid table league position which then you have start asking the what iffs 

westwood for example

i also think we lack steel in this team and Hutchinson gives us that 

I think at times we do over play our youths which maybe could be costly to results hyperthical I know but the west Brom result stands out

Like I say I think overall jos has done a fantastic job but he’s got a near full squad now which is still large and we need to now kick on