I think Jos is doing a good job

2 hours ago, Wisenightowl said:

I'd say he's doing a decent job by most standards. The situation we're in is something to be positive about. Just played two of the best sides in the division and were not outclassed or beaten. We are getting a few wins, scoring good goals and right there in the mix. Sure we have a leaky defence and some other issues, but very few sides are perfect. We all know we tend to be slow starters, so if we can keep in touch who knows what will happen at the business end of the season.

Far too many drama queens on this site that go overboard with wild statements after one bad result (or even 20 minutes into a single game) and fail to take the bigger picture into account. After Sunday we could be 6th or 16th. Let's just get behind Jos and the team.

It's so easy being a supporter - just support....

• Thanks 1

Guest Kagoshimaowl
2 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Wildesmith, Dawson, Baker, Preston, Penny, Thorniley, there are others knocking on the door too

Try to keep up

Don’t class Wildsmith and Dawson as youngsters as they were already in squads before Jos arrived.

From what I have seen, Preston and Baker are not what I’d call ‘Real Talent’.  Keep up!!

2 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Don’t class Wildsmith and Dawson as youngsters as they were already in squads before Jos arrived.

From what I have seen, Preston and Baker are not what I’d call ‘Real Talent’.  Keep up!!

Get your own lines

Try to keep up

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

7 hours ago, mcmigo said:

‘ we want to see attacking football and why does Carlos always stick to his old favourites and never give the kids a chance’

’ NO WAIT THATS TOO MANY KIDS AND TOO ATTACKING JOS. 

there`s a difference from what the clown did regards totally trying to ruin young players confidence but giving them no hope whatsoever of ever playing ,to jos who is nearly  giving schoolboys a game ,id like some middle ground and do things the right way with the 18 year olds. 

From the outside looking, Jos is good for the club and more importantly good for the players 

His calming attentive nature towards the players (which I noticed a few times Wednesday night) is not something you often see. I imagine the players feel very comfortable in approaching him and going to him for any issues 

He’s made tactical and substitutional errors but so does every manager. Ultimately he is doing much more good than harm 

10 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

A good post which is very well thought out and has some great arguments. However, anyone who drops our best goalkeeper and is too stubborn to put him back in when it is clearly not working should not be complimented for me. Added to this is players like Hutch who are totally fit (from the horses own mouth) and players like Boyd who is a decent pro overall not getting a look in. Nobody can tell me these players aren’t better than Connor Kirby, Jack Lee, Isaac Rice et al. It’s bad man management.

We would have won on Wednesday if either Hutch or even bloody Jones had come on instead of Kirby. As you say, Jos has got a hell of a lot right, which is why I’m really rooting for him to do well here. I just fear Jos’s own stubbornness will be his own downfall. I’m all for youth but sadly, except for Penney, Thorniley and maybe Preston and Baker, nobody else is anywhere near ready. Fact!

FFS 

You and a few others need to drop this tiresome Westwood crap 

Why would he be dropped based on thin air? seriously sit down and think about it here, because it’s clear you and a few others are looking at the situation completely subjectively 

And your guesswork on Jos being too ‘stubborn ‘ is again oases purely on thin air. How do you know he’s being to stubborn? 

From what ive seen of Jos he doesn’t seem 1% of the kind of person to drop anyone based on agendas or stubbornness. How about  bloody trusting the club on this and believe that Westwood may in actual fact be a bit of a plonker? 

He may may have told DC etc to ‘fuuuck off’, we just don’t know. What I do trust is that it must have been serious enough if someone like Jos sees fit to not include him 

Edited by FreshOwl

3 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

Jos is doing a reasonable Head Coach job - given context.

Chansiri's assembled an unbalanced squad, very lacking in defence.

And he's effectively picking team.

Picked a good un against villa and west brom though, didn't he?..Not too bad against leeds.

A point or so off the play offs.

DC against Bruce? Can see DC being the next manager of Manure.

Best manager we have had for years.lol

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

What utter bolox

Beat me to it.

Back on topic.  Overall he's doing a cracking job.  However, nobody can deny his selection and substitutions cost us 2 points on Wednesday.  He'll learn from that and move on.  

One defeat in eight.

15 points from eight.

I never type “ end of thread”, but I’m not sure we should look any further.

Something was wrong in those first 3 games. Jos came out and talked about player attitude, and it looks like he has flushed out the problems and built superb team-ethic and success.

Doing a terrific job.

Edited by Holmowl

Agree with OP.

I said when he first arrived that he's a methodical type who has a tried and tested promotion process.

It might take 2-4 seasons but I believe Jos will get the job done.

He may not be Mr Charismatic but that matters not, he is steadily and surely plotting the rise of this club.

I'm quietly optimistic about our playoff chances this season .... and given what he inherited less than a year ago that in itself is a major achievement.