It's a car crash of a season?

Just under 25% of this season's matches played and we are a point off the play offs!

Come on, it's not perfect, but it's not bad.

We just need to tighten up at the back. 17 goals for isn't bad, but 17 against needs work. We will only get stronger, Bannan et al to return yet.

I know last night was disappointing, but I'm looking forward with some optimism after that first half display. Onwards and upwards. (Not a happy clapper, just thought the work ethic and team play at times yesterday was excellent)

UTO.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

There's been a huge overreaction due to the last 10 mins last night. Seems like, for some, all hope has gone. It's nonsense. Like i stated on the other thread, over the last 10 games (so a decent amount to gauge performance/consistency) we are Top 6. just don't understand the gloom and doom.

Well put and concisely put.  The future is blue.  For the moaning minority, we've been having a nightmare 5 minutes for the last 50 years from my experience.  Even clubs at the top of the Premier do, so I just bite my tongue, think of an excellent 80 minutes last night, and be happy that we're moving in the right direction under a good manager, unafraid to make the tough decisions.

18 minutes ago, pride_of_the_road said:

It was just a weird atmosphere in the stadium even when 2 0 up it was like we were waiting for them to score.

When we put them under a bit of pressure we were likely to score but we held off in the 2nd half again.

Then they pull 1 back and its anyones game.

Could be describing literally any football match from any ground in the last 150 years, to be fair

Edited by Mr. Tom

I think folk need to get off the teams back and chill out. The crowd is too quick to start shouting and moaning and the first sign of a backwards pass. 

Yesterday I overheard someone suggest that Cameron Dawson should be fined for the booking he received for time wasting. 

Yet when Brunt comes to the touchline they go all weak at the knees and start applauding.  

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

I think folk need to get off the teams back and chill out. The crowd is too quick to start shouting and moaning and the first sign of a backwards pass. 

Yesterday I overheard someone suggest that Cameron Dawson should be fined for the booking he received for time wasting. 

Yet when Brunt comes to the touchline they go all weak at the knees and start applauding.  

The Dawson booking was bizarre - to my knowledge he had not been warned beforehand, and he always takes that long kicking the ball!

1 minute ago, royalowlisback said:

The Dawson booking was bizarre - to my knowledge he had not been warned beforehand, and he always takes that long kicking the ball!

You can tell he's from the same GK'ing stable as Westwood! lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Spookone said:

Spot on - we could easily have been top 6 with a few minor errors removed.

At one point last week we were joint second - I know it didn't last long but as you say, its hardly a car crash at the moment.

That's the jist of all the problems. We can't get rid of these stupid errors which are being made week after week. Just as bad as saying if  I had fan*y I would be my brothers sister but I aint so its irrelevant that we could easily have been top 6. We are not good enough currently. It could be even worse after the January window as the FFP as finally caught up with us.

3 minutes ago, CLswfc said:

That's the jist of all the problems. We can't get rid of these stupid errors which are being made week after week. Just as bad as saying if  I had fan*y I would be my brothers sister but I aint so its irrelevant that we could easily have been top 6. We are not good enough currently. It could be even worse after the January window as the FFP as finally caught up with us.

But we are! :duntmatter:

Form: Last 10 matches (HOME AND AWAY)

GP W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Sheffield Utd 10 7 1 2 19 11 +8 22
2 West Bromwich 10 6 3 1 26 14 +12 21
3 Middlesbrough 10 6 3 1 12 2 +10 21
4 Leeds Utd 10 5 4 1 18 7 +11 19
5 Norwich City 10 5 2 3 13 12 +1 17
6 Sheffield Wed 10 4 4 2 15 14 +1 16

1 hour ago, Dronfield Blue said:

Just under 25% of this season's matches played and we are a point off the play offs!

Come on, it's not perfect, but it's not bad.

We just need to tighten up at the back. 17 goals for isn't bad, but 17 against needs work. We will only get stronger, Bannan et al to return yet.

I know last night was disappointing, but I'm looking forward with some optimism after that first half display. Onwards and upwards. (Not a happy clapper, just thought the work ethic and team play at times yesterday was excellent)

UTO.

Is this the lad we've plucked from the Clairefontaine set up ?

Looking forward to this 

Is he any good ?

lol

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

Was really bizarre. Ref ignored WBA's games man ship all game - throwing / kicking the ball away etc. Yet Dawson has one moment of time wasting and he gets booked. 

If someone said at the start of the season we would be a point off the play-offs at this stage then I would have snatched their hand off considering our financial issues and injuries. We are seeing some young talent coming through that will hopefully be with us for the long term rather than a short term fix.

57 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

if  lee camp ever gets this ref he'd better smarten up sharpish coz he could be in the bath before the waters heated up . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The pundits reckon West Brom are one of best sides in this league and will be promoted, from what I watched last night I don't think they are and won't but if they are we more than matched em with our best player missing and are within a shout of play offs ourselves. 

We just need to see games through better which I think will come with a settled defence, chopping and changing isn't helping.