Onomah

Still gutted about last night but the big positive for me was Onomah. 

He's class and he's got the physical attributes to go with it. The fact that it fell apart as soon as he went off says it all. 

A midfield of Bannan Onomah and Pelupessy with Reach pushed up a bit should compete at the top end of this league. 

Edited by Beholder
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Beholder said:

He's class and he's got the physical attributes to go with it. The fact that it fell apart as soon as he went off says it all. 

A midfield of Bannan Onomah and Pelupessy with Reach pushed up a bit should compete at the top end of this league. 

Agreed but from last night - who would you drop for Bannan.

Back to a back 4?

1 minute ago, torres said:

Agreed but from last night - who would you drop for Bannan.

Back to a back 4?

Yep. Has to be. 

Otherwise yiu have to drop Bannan or reach. 

Only other consideration would be Hector for pelupessy. 

3 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Thought he played well. Don't know if it's been said in any other threads but I thought he did brilliantly to assist Reach's goal as well. Most players would have just tried to win a corner in that position.

Was saying the same thing to my mate when the replay was shown. Genuinely positive play. Very very encouraging performance last night. 

7 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Yep. Has to be. 

Otherwise yiu have to drop Bannan or reach. 

Only other consideration would be Hector for pelupessy. 

I know he made mistakes last night (not bringing their player down before he scored being the most glaring) but IMO he's massively important to the balance in midfield. Plus Hector is needed at the back....very much so.

Edited by Almat
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Almat said:

I know he made mistakes last night (not bringing their player down before he scored being the most glaring) but IMO he's massively important to the balance in midfield. Plus Hector is needed at the back....very much so.

Would you rather drop reach, Onomah or Bannan than drop pelupessy? 

We have played with a back 4 this season and can do again. 

Hector in the sitting position means he defends set pieces as a defender anyway. 

Thought he did well, grew into the game and showed lots of energy and forward intent. 

Not sure how he fits in with Bannan returning unless a 3 man midfield, but a very positive performance, both him and Joey did very well considering the quality of the opposition in the midfield area.

Just goes to show how energy and mobility around the pitch can make us look a much better team, compared with the slow lethargic midfield we've played previously, although apparently packed with quality.

44 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Drop JP, replace him with Hector in Holding Midfield and move Thorniley into Defence.