One nil down every game before a ball gets kicked

Guest samowl

Guest The Claw
16 hours ago, samowl said:

And if we'd have kept a clean sheet. We'd have won. Der

not too sure this is what the thread is about dude?

He put some decent tackles in on Wednesday, and kept biting at them from what I saw, but I think the last 10 minutes are unsurprisingly overshadowing an otherwise pretty good performance (and it wasn't his fault alone). If we keep playing like we have done last few games and cut out a few mistakes then we should be going for promotion, the other teams don't look all that

On 04/10/2018 at 07:37, @owlstalk said:

Clean sheets will come

We've got a new young side learning

If you remember the last few months under a previous manager we focussed on clean sheets and stopped going forward. The same would happen if that was our priority

Whilst OP comment is somewhat harsh, it’s a somewhat misplaced judgement to feel we are conceding because our focus is attacking football. 

In 2015-16 we kept 17 clean sheets to equal our all time record.

In 2016-17 we kept another 17 to equal it again.

In the early part of 2017-18 season we let a few soft goals in and most folk on here wanted a new boss.  Some folk are never happy.  

I'm surprised Westwood is only 3rd choice but Jos must see him in training.  Maybe he's not the confident keeper he used to be.  

On 04/10/2018 at 07:37, @owlstalk said:

Clean sheets will come

We've got a new young side learning

If you remember the last few months under a previous manager we focussed on clean sheets and stopped going forward. The same would happen if that was our priority

so will Christmas, but i wonder which will come first?

we should be pursuing 'clean sheets' by playing 'our best Xl' when fit.

at 2-0 the other night i actually thought if we can get a third we can win this.

On 04/10/2018 at 16:37, Willow Owl said:

Thought we defended really well apart from that mad 5mins.

Kept 2 of the best strikers in this league quiet, To the point where they got subbed. So they must have done something right. 

And the reason we had those mad 5 mins was because the ball didn't stick up front and we suddenly lost the midfield.

It's clear we miss Venancio,  Tom Lees is a notch below without Glenn orchestrating, and I do agree that Westwood galvanised what was in front of him. 

However we looked much better with Onomah physicality from a defensive POV. Bannan is quality and he does get stuck in but he and Joey are a bit lightweight.  Pelupessy clearly works out and has muscles but much in the same way a female athlete does.  

I'd try and find a way to have Reach, Onomah, Joey and Bannan in midfield which means going 4 2 3 1 with FF roaming behind Fletch or Nuhiu.  

We're due a CS so probability says one must come soon!

On 06/10/2018 at 09:54, alanharper said:

Being a solid 6/7 every week isn't "having a great game". 

7 / 10 is a great game in my book.

1. Atrocious 2.Very Poor 3 Poor. 4 below average..5 is average.  6 good.. 7 great.. 8 Excellent..9 Outstanding..10 World Class

Yesterday I'd give him a 6.. although messed up for their goal should have cleared it into touch instead of faffing around.

Edited by Doctor Duran