Hutch... Jones..

One of those nights where their experience and game management would have been invaluable tonight. If he'd have been fit and able to come on instead of kirby, Hutch would have simply cleaned the man out on the halfway line..... End threads Jones maybe looking a bit old, but likewise would have had the experience to steady the ship , the youngsters have done us proud when they've stepped up into the breach most of the season so far, but on occasions you need that old experienced head to know how to calmly  deal with a situation and snuff out the danger. 

7 hours ago, s6 owl said:

We didn't need Hutch or Jones tonight we just needed Jos to not bring the kid on and bring our best defender on to see out the game instead. Really poor and i'm fuming because of it.

Agree and I also very much doubt the other 587 coaches on the bench did anything to change his mind. 

Thorniley for Onamah, then shove Hector in the anchor role. 

Yet the players on the pitch , if they had half a brain cell between them should have been able to see the game out 

Can see the point of the arguments raised, but if looking to transition the squad and develop youth, need to commit and take the rough with the smooth. 

Could see the rationale for bringing on a like for like player in his natural position in Kirby, hindsight is a place where it's easier to make decisions. Maybe leaving a back three who were functioning well in tact was more important than moving players into secondary positions.

Had Onomah not took an injury to his eye don't think that change would have been made and at a point where they were looking vulnerable to pace could understand Joao for a tiring Nuhiu. Fletcher would have been a like for like change to hold the ball up.

Jos was going for a third goal IMO and while I fully appreciate the merits of game management, I like the idea of our team having the mindset to go out and score as many goals as possible. Would have liked 3 points but would have taken a draw before kick off.

• Like 1

Boyd and Jones are symptomatic of the awful nature of some of the signings CC made since Wembley and have no future at the club so I think JL is bang right to include youngsters rather than these two.

I don`t however include Hutchinson in this , not sure where he is at fitness wise but if he IS ready then he should be included in the match day squad and the people who glibly dismiss him must have very short memories.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am all for giving the youngers a chance but the only two that look anything like are Thorniley and Penny...Baker, Kirby & Dawson are not ready IMO.

Dawson's kicking is just as bad as Westwood's (and people loved that band wagon), he presence in the box is non existent and his ability at crosses is questionable. He as potential but for me at the moment that's all it is, potential. He needs to go on loan to a League 1/2 club and learn the tough side of the game.

Baker just isn't at the level of Penny. He will get there I am sure but not quite there.

It's ok putting them in from time to time but you we have to face facts, most of these lads do not improve or maintain the standard of the first 11.

9 hours ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Can't understand with bannan out suspended why one of these not on bench... We have gone from one extreme to other in blooding youngsters.

Kirby looked like a child coming on 

Isn't Hutch injured?

and why would you have players on the bench that have no future at the club and not promote a youth player that may have a future here?

Like @striker said, you take the rough with the smooth and learn from it .. everyone will

the experienced defenders and midfielder cost us in my opinion ...

1 minute ago, Hack-Abusi said:

Isn't Hutch injured?

and why would you have players on the bench that have no future at the club and not promote a youth player that may have a future here?

Like @striker said, you take the rough with the smooth and learn from it .. everyone will

the experienced defenders and midfielder cost us in my opinion ...

Cus these players might have got us 3 points?

1 hour ago, sheriwozgod said:

Boyd and Jones are symptomatic of the awful nature of some of the signings CC made since Wembley and have no future at the club so I think JL is bang right to include youngsters rather than these two.

I don`t however include Hutchinson in this , not sure where he is at fitness wise but if he IS ready then he should be included in the match day squad and the people who glibly dismiss him must have very short memories.

Great Post. We lack leaders and bite in the midfield. Hutch solves both of these. He has his faults but he should be playing !

Boyd Jones Abdi Westwood etc are the old CC type players who are past there best. They wont play again. Hutchinson can still be key for us and should be.

Hutchinson is injured.

Jones and Boyd both are now extremely slow and appearances this season have been very unconvincing.

Kirby in substitute appearance against Sunderland shone like a beacon and I like many others thought he deserved another chance.

Coming on in a helter skelter game like last night is difficult for any player and to attach any to substitute in my opinion is wrong.

11 hours ago, shezzas left peg said:

One of those nights where their experience and game management would have been invaluable tonight. If he'd have been fit and able to come on instead of kirby, Hutch would have simply cleaned the man out on the halfway line..... End threads Jones maybe looking a bit old, but likewise would have had the experience to steady the ship , the youngsters have done us proud when they've stepped up into the breach most of the season so far, but on occasions you need that old experienced head to know how to calmly  deal with a situation and snuff out the danger. 

Ferzackerly this...Hutch might have put him in the first row of the stand mind you...and then got his coat.WTF:

15 minutes ago, Quist said:

Hutchinson is injured.

Jones and Boyd both are now extremely slow and appearances this season have been very unconvincing.

Kirby in substitute appearance against Sunderland shone like a beacon and I like many others thought he deserved another chance.

Coming on in a helter skelter game like last night is difficult for any player and to attach any to substitute in my opinion is wrong.

There is a surprise.

11 hours ago, s6 owl said:

We didn't need Hutch or Jones tonight we just needed Jos to not bring the kid on and bring our best defender on to see out the game instead. Really poor and i'm fuming because of it.

absolutely spot on to run from where he did for the 2nd goal with the attention of 4 defenders is criminal,would have taken a point before the game,but not 2 up with 4 mins left,terrible substitution imo,were shipping goals and points every game