Forestieri

5 hours ago, Willow Owl said:

Name me one player who was better than FF tonight. He was absolutely fantastic, worked his gonads off. 

Reach. 

Hence he got 40% to FF 20% on here, and the Sky MoM.

But yes, FF was excellent. Made their defenders look like they were running thru treacle. 

6 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

People like you don’t understand what a player like him can bring to a bang average side, which is what we are without him  

....and yet:-

With FF starting - W0. D3. L2

Without him starting - W4. D1. L1

Excellent last night, but we are far from a bang average side without him.

16 minutes ago, roundhayowl said:

He is also our best tackler - the amount of times he wins the ball back for us. Those who claim he is lazy and a defensive liability are insane.

Yep never understood this criticism.

We rave about Matias’ recent work-rate and tracking-back, yet watching Nando’s efforts and effectiveness defensively v Leeds and Albion he is on another level entirely.

7 hours ago, Rogers said:

Defo Jos timing..he pulled a stroke of genius with the FA decision to ban him for fighting in a pre-season friendly 

I think the fact he knows Jos has no intention of treating him with kid gloves contributed more to his attitude/excellent contribution last night. 

10 hours ago, Holmowl said:

That only really works if we were playing the same opposition every game...

lol

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, I'm an Essex Owl said:

Fessi played for the team - constant threat (and still did more running and chasing after 80 minutes than Joao managed (the lazy little f u c k  e r)

Is that you Ron?

WTF:

12 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Why don’t you have a look at the teams he has started against, they are the highest placed teams , ie best teams, we have played against.

Leeds, West Brom, Brentford, Wigan etc

The Wigan game was a tactical masterclass from Jos and FF still caused us to lose it.

21 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

Special mention for him tonight, real team performance. That’s what we want from him 

Fernando playing as a team player is even more lethal 

Since he joined has been our best player by a mile, even on his off days he is still a must for me. His doubters are fools. 

1 hour ago, Pulsar said:

Is that you Ron?

WTF:

Not sure I understand but if this means what I think it means then then no, I am neither Ron Noades nor Ron Atkinson.

Joao being lazy last night is nothing to do with his ethnicity (if that is what you are implying my post meant).  It was simply that he was lazy last night. He isn't always lazy (and put a right shift in against Stoke). i just think he doesn't thrive on being a last 10 minutes substitute...

13 hours ago, swfc4_sufc0 said:

That only really works if we were playing the same opposition every game...

lol

13 hours ago, DobbinTheDonkey said:

He knows that but has always cherry picked what he includes.

So you think that in an attempt to answer @FreshOwl point, that “we are bang average without FF”, there was a better way to argue the contrary than comparing our form this season with and without him?

He is like our Messi, when he’s on it, as a footballer, he’s head and shoulders above anything else in the division. What I will say though is, we don’t get the best out of him. None of our striker options really suit his game, which is more important if we’re playing three at the back. With three up front, he has players who will create space for him, but if it’s a two, he has to have a partner who is compatable with him. Fletcher puts himself about, and wins lots in the air. However, Forestieri’s game isn’t about feeding off knock downs. He needs someone, that if he plays the ball to them, he knows he is going to get it back in the right areas. Joao can do it, but often doesn’t, and seems more effective coming from wide positions. Surprisingly Nuhiu, can also give him a return pass, but his size often makes the pass a bit predictable. Hooper is always injured, and Winnall, simply doesn’t have the ability on the ball to do it. So for all our supposed striking options, we don’t really have a pairing

1 hour ago, A12owl said:

If every striker scored from every chance they get then scores would be in double figures every match. Be realistic. Even the best strikers miss a few. 

True,  I just expected him to get that chance on target and was a bit shocked when the ball didn’t end up in the net . 

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

He is like our Messi, when he’s on it, as a footballer, he’s head and shoulders above anything else in the division. What I will say though is, we don’t get the best out of him. None of our striker options really suit his game, which is more important if we’re playing three at the back. With three up front, he has players who will create space for him, but if it’s a two, he has to have a partner who is compatable with him. Fletcher puts himself about, and wins lots in the air. However, Forestieri’s game isn’t about feeding off knock downs. He needs someone, that if he plays the ball to them, he knows he is going to get it back in the right areas. Joao can do it, but often doesn’t, and seems more effective coming from wide positions. Surprisingly Nuhiu, can also give him a return pass, but his size often makes the pass a bit predictable. Hooper is always injured, and Winnall, simply doesn’t have the ability on the ball to do it. So for all our supposed striking options, we don’t really have a pairing

Really??

FF had so much space the other night, which was due to Nuhiu drawing about 3 defenders to him every time he got the ball.

They worked fantastically well as a front 2.

On 03/10/2018 at 16:11, richowl said:

Not really unlucky.

it was a sitter.

that goes in and it’s game over.

overall he played very well though. Great to see.

On the highlights the defender grabs his foot just as he shots, should have scored as you say but I think he got clipped just as he was gunna strike it.

41 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

Really??

FF had so much space the other night, which was due to Nuhiu drawing about 3 defenders to him every time he got the ball.

They worked fantastically well as a front 2.

I do think Big Dave is his best partner, though not perhaps ideal, and those two with one other, gives him even more space