Tom Lees

This is what you get when you sign neat, tidy and Too Bloody NICE!! footballers, we need some cynical players who push the rules to get the job done and play on the edge at times, we've probably only got hutch and pudil on occasions who will do that. Break the attack up, take the foul, maybe a card stop a quick free kick and allow everyone to set defensively, the likes of Llera, Wallace and maguire.... 

We've probably the most sporting midfield ball winners in the championship with Joey and Jones before him... The above would have nailed the man the stood chelping in front of the ball allowing us to get set defencivly for the resulting free kick.. Bluntly put, we are very naive at times. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 109Waddle said:

TL and the rest of the defence forced top of the table, ex premiership team to sub both multi million pound strikers after restricting them for 85 mins. And now venancio is a better defender??? 

From what I saw of Venancio he was equal to TL on the air, add to which he was more vocal and clearly comfortable bringing the ball out of defence.

Never a captain in a million years. Shadow of the player he was next to Loovens in his first 2 years. Played a part in both their goals. First goal he was way out of position, Palmer had 2 players, whilst Lees was marking Shadows. Never been a leader, Thornily does more talking and organising when he plays, which, for me, says it all. 

If there is a positive and i’m seriously loathe to suggest there is after the result tonight....I think the defence is getting better. If you watched the defending in the Wigan game and Hull at the start of the season, if we’d had carried on like that we would have been walloped tonight and on Friday night. Think Hector has been a big difference, he was good at Villa, on Friday and tonight. Hopefully we’ll keep on improving and finally get a clean sheet. 

I wonder if he is struggling being the leader of that defence.

You got Plamer who let's face it isn't good enough, Thorniley and Penney who are young lads along with a shaky Dawson in goal!

Still think Westwood would be a better at sorting defence out but it's not going to happen!

15 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

I'd drop him only to try someone else out as captain.  Hector maybe but Lees isn't working and we are desperate for some leadeship out there.

Bannan should be captain, no idea why he isn’t 

vocal on the pitch and everything we do goes through him 

our stevie g 

Edited by FreshOwl

He is 100% at fault for their second.  With three CB's he can afford to close down the ball down in that situation.  He backed off for at least ten yards, and was showing the player inside.  Absolutely shocking.  He needs dropping cos frankly he's way off the pace this season.  I'm honestly fuming.  Simple stuff this as well.  Close the effing man down.

Don’t forget to mention the countless interceptions, blocks, tackles and headers he won will you pal. The fact is, we fell asleep and conceded. That’s what you get when you’re a negative team and sit back for 90+ minutes. You’re bound to be caught out at some point. Onto BCFC.

UTO

11 minutes ago, vulva said:

Thornily will captain this club one day. 

I agree the signs are there already but not just yet.

12 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Bannan should be captain, no idea why he isn’t 

vocal on the pitch and everything we do goes through him 

our stevie g 

I don't agree, he's too reactive.  He's good at telling people off or encouragement but after stuff has happened.  

We need someone to help everyone maintain composure and shape and to take the sting out of the opposition.  We miss Wallace and Hooper for these things and moments in games.

It's obvious Lees was picked for a reason.  He must be professional, popular, mature I guess and respected but when he flaps the world flaps with him or that's how it seems.

Absolutely shocking effort from Lees, cat and whoever else was tracking back. I could see 3 players on the west Brom player and not one put a foot in or even attempted anything to stop the player ...

Absolutely flipping garbage.  so angry with that bottle job defending ...

Just put your body in where it hurts you flipping numpties

19 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

I agree the signs are there already but not just yet.

I don't agree, he's too reactive.  He's good at telling people off or encouragement but after stuff has happened.  

We need someone to help everyone maintain composure and shape and to take the sting out of the opposition.  We miss Wallace and Hooper for these things and moments in games.

It's obvious Lees was picked for a reason.  He must be professional, popular, mature I guess and respected but when he flaps the world flaps with him or that's how it seems.

IMO we don't have a natural leader at all.

Whilst I like the forward thinking of building a team around youth for the future, i believe we need a John Terry type to steady the ship.