Make no mistake about it, JP is culpable for that absolute clusterfuck defending job for the 2nd goal along with Lees and was it Pudil?

No-one else to blame but them three. How 3 players cannot defend Barnes charge forward is shambolic ... so angry about it

JP did have a very good game though .. biting tackles, holding up the ball, snapping at heels .. unfortunate for the first WBA goal. I only see it as an OG if i watch the replie a billion times and at least he's there putting a foot in as opposed the rest of our defenders that seem to have gone flipping walkabout for a burger and chips meal deal!!

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, A12owl said:

By the time Lee's and the two others were involved,Barnes was in the penalty area so they couldn't touch him. How many times do you see a player who is running in an attacking position get taken out when there are defenders behind the ball. I think it happens a lot.  Joey should have flattened him halfway into our half.

Having said that, what is the likelihood of something similar happening again and Joey takes the player out and gets sent off. If it was Hutch then he would have taken the player out and taken a red or yellow card. They wouldn't have scored.

Its all about preventing a player getting into a goalscoring position. 

Other than that I thought he had a decent game. Can't blame him for the OG.

Lees was only in the box though after hed backed off 15yards, Joey, Lees, Pudil and Dawson should all have done better in that situation

If he brings him down and they score from the resulting freekick this thread would have gone the way of.

Jp's useless why did he bring him down when there are 2 defenders there.

I agree if Pelapussy didn't bring him down Lee's would have just kicked him in the air, JP cost us.

At the match I thought he should have brought him down now I've seen it

Imagine running back and thinking shall I bring him down or allow the 2 most experienced players in the team, deal with it by either making a good tackle or bringing him down.

If Barnes would have carried on running in a straight line Tom Lees would have ended up sitting in the lower West.

JP now knows though not to rely on Lees and Pudil to make a decision, any decision. So there is no excuse in the future.

2 hours ago, Hack-Abusi said:

Make no mistake about it, JP is culpable for that absolute clusterfuck defending job for the 2nd goal along with Lees and was it Pudil?

No-one else to blame but them three. How 3 players cannot defend Barnes charge forward is shambolic ... so angry about it

JP did have a very good game though .. biting tackles, holding up the ball, snapping at heels .. unfortunate for the first WBA goal. I only see it as an OG if i watch the replie a billion times and at least he's there putting a foot in as opposed the rest of our defenders that seem to have gone flipping walkabout for a burger and chips meal deal!!

How can I be blamed ? I was 100 mile away officer !!

lol

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Truth is we need a Roy Keane 

Nasty Bàstard type Souness kind of player ..

They really earn their corn in situations like this ..

Let's be fair we haven't got a leader in our team and haven't had one for a good while ..

Tom Lees is not a leader,

never will be ..

Any ideas who would fill that role outside the present set up? 

Scratching my head here ....

Semedo :stuwinky:

• Haha 1