Been wanting to give him a chance for a long long time. But for the second goal he should have put a challenge in.

If he brings him down and gets a yellow then take it. There's 5 mins left and they had just scored. When Dawson (WBA) lost the ball he brought FF down because they were in trouble. Yes Barnes had more to do but he was running at the defence and Pelupessy left them exposed. If he was booked fair enough but he wasn't. Criminal what he did 

But overall I fail to see what good he brings to us. He's not strong he doesn't put a good tackle in and he is not great on the ball. And today proved it. However with hutch having injuries or perhaps personal problems like he's had in the past there is no one else to come into that area and it's worrying and the main reason we ship so many goals

How about some credit for Harvey Barnes. That was a superb run and finish. His movement once in the box was different class. I too was screaming for Pelupessey to bring him down. No problem with the own goal. He was the only one who'd spotted the danger and tried to block the cross and prevent a tap in.

Hengazi was willing to take one for the team when he dragged back Joao towards the end. It might even have been a red. The ref, however, didn't even give a free kick.

The thing with the lad that really frustrates me, he is always out of position and chasing the opposition...as an holding midfielder I want him to sit in front of the back 4 with the opposition running at him.

More often than not, he charges towards the opposition who skip past him leaving him chasing them towards our own back 4!! Slow down a little bit and put your foot in when the time is right, there’s no need to charge out of position and creating space. 

Tom Lees, who otherwise had an excellent game, was out of position for the first goal, and should have done better for the second.

Pelupessey wasn't at fault for the OG. He was desperately running back to cover Lees and made a last ditch attempt to block the cross.

For the second, he seemed to simply run out of steam - hardly surprising considering the shift he put in. Made an attempt at getting back around Barnes but faded away. There were three other defenders between Barnes and the goal. Any of the three should have stepped forward instead of backing off.

1 hour ago, StudentOwl said:

How can you blame him for the OG? Watch the back line in the 10 seconds leading up to their goal. Look how disorganised it is. It's all over the place. The fact he's the only midfielder busting a gut to get back speaks volumes.

Second goal he has a lot of fault, no question. Bring the bloke down. But I guess his mentality in that situation is that with both Pudil and Lees ahead of him play the numbers game... it's 4 on 2 in our favour. Foul him and you give them a free kick 40 yards out with the chance to get everyone forward.  However you have to ask the question why neither he, Lees nor Pudil took command of that situation and instead just seemed happy to run within a yard of their bloke. 

Stop on... one on one Pelupessy goes straight through him and gets a red Guarented.

Guest Willow Owl
17 minutes ago, Ballmeist said:

He’s cr@p. I’ve said it since I first saw him play, and I’ve seen nothing to change my mind. Complete waste of a shirt and cost us 3 points tonight.

Dont talk round uns, typical over reaction. He had a great game and there were at least 4 to blame, not just Joey 

The team to a man was excellent for 85 minutes and we had a mad 5 minutes. Many players performed excellently.

Th first goal was due to team becoming stretched and not employing same shape they had done in first 85 minutes of game. For some reason Penney and Pudil advanced further up the pitch than they had done previously and both at same time. This resulted in players being out of position when WBA attacked. Lees was out of position but think skewing of defence over to left in view of DP and MP positions may have been responsible. I found it difficult to understand we adopted a more aggressive approach with 15 minutes to go than we had in early part of game.

JP for second goal should have committed foul as soon as HB started to run. He would have picked up yellow card but its known as taking one for team. I find it difficult to criticise a player for not breaking laws of game but it is how game is played and not to do this shows a level of naivety which we can not afford. Joao was held back in last five minutes and their player should have been dismissed as was already on a yellow card but as last man could have got straight red but referee waved play on which illustrates what action we should have taken. For a defensive midfielder JP does not have ruthless streak which is normally part of make up. For the record I do not mean the rash behaviour of Hutchinson who dives in when not necessary and does not maintain position (he did when first played in midfield) so impacts defensive shape of team.

I have seen posts saying we lack leadership on pitch not something that I have previously gone along with but I think in the last 15 minutes we did lack leadership and it contributed to the loss of two points. The team assuming points were in bag lost focus.  Looking at team I do not think there is a player who stands out as a captain and Lees is probably best of bunch.

Think the game does show we have useful players and we can play well against the best. There is not a lot wrong with the team and we will do reasonably well this season.

12 hours ago, owlZfan84 said:

Up until the 86 minute he was having a fantastic game.

For me, he has to go for the ball foe thie first goal. It was a cracking ball into the box.

2nd goal though, just smash Barnes FFS.

He was having the best game I've seen him have. I must admit although I'm not one of his haters I'm not his biggest fan. I think he is an improvement on Jones and Buttercup but he should not be starting week in week out, a squad player is about his level and I genuinely think he would make a difference coming off the bench for us. He's just not up to Hutchinson level.

However, the first goal its not the own goal that's the problem its that he doesn't track the man, realises late he's left him then busts a gut to get back and is too late. He tracks his man and he clears it. So could be avoided.

The second one is inexcusable. We have just conceded were under pressure and near the end of the game. He was never going to be able to make a fair challenge as he is behind the man (as there on the break this is not his fault). However he's running at the back 3 and a long way out. Just clip him. Its a foul, its a booking and he's 40 yards plus away from goal at this point. Regroup and defend the free kick. Any player at any level knows this. This is a mistake that has cost us 2 points. This is not defendable. And this is why he is not up to the role he is currently playing at the club.

Been saying all season that JP is way off the standard required for Championship football.

Don't blame him for one minute for the OG - at that point he was actually doing his job right for a change, just unfortunate how it panned out.

The second goal though was criminal, and soooooooooooooo many attacks happen straight through the centre of the pitch - with Quagmire nowhere to be seen, chasing when he should be holding, watching when he should be tackling - he doesn't shield the back 4/5 and randomly empties Midfield - which has resulted in Bannan's suspension - running back with JP out of position and Bannan taking the booking for the team (like Quagmire should have done last night).

Jos obvious has issues with Hutch (amongst others) so my choice would be Hector holding, with Onomah and Bannan in front - would also add much needed physicality to Midfield as well, Thorniley can slot into Hector's position at the back.

Don’t usually eat angry watching us anymore and thought I’d wait a day before posting so it was more balanced and sensible.

Can’t do it, my opinion hasn’t changed. No footballing intelligence last night. Me and 2 mates were screaming at the tv soon as their player picked up the ball. F*cking bring him down. Don’t let him get near the box. Literally from the half way line. Then shouting step up to Lees. Soon as they get in the box you can’t make a challenge. Schoolboy stuff from about 3 defenders for the goal. All of which could be blamed.

I haven’t read any threads from last night and some might think it’s harsh but Dawson has to be making a fist for that shot and he should be comfortably turning it round the post. He has only really been directly at fault for that and one at Wigan in fairness to him and all keepers make mistakes.