Guest Grez Bez

I think he dis his job well but both goals were his fault.

First he didnt track his runner (as we've seen alot this season); second he didnt make a challenge.

How can you blame him for the OG? Watch the back line in the 10 seconds leading up to their goal. Look how disorganised it is. It's all over the place. The fact he's the only midfielder busting a gut to get back speaks volumes.

Second goal he has a lot of fault, no question. Bring the bloke down. But I guess his mentality in that situation is that with both Pudil and Lees ahead of him play the numbers game... it's 4 on 2 in our favour. Foul him and you give them a free kick 40 yards out with the chance to get everyone forward.  However you have to ask the question why neither he, Lees nor Pudil took command of that situation and instead just seemed happy to run within a yard of their bloke. 

Guest Kagoshimaowl
7 minutes ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

Cost us tonight 

why did he not take barnes down when he had chance ? Any other team would have done it! And the own goal 

100 percent correct my man!

Played well for 85 minutes but definitely should have brought the lad down.

Can't just blame him though, Barnes managed to cut inside Lees and Pudil with the same movement, both went in the same direction and offered no real obstacle, it was all too easy to get into the box and then it went through Dawson. Very soft goal. 

Edited by Lee A

1 minute ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

Yes he had a good game but it’s key moments , when a player is running through like that you take him out it’s simple !

So you would rather our player bring their lad down when it's 4 on 2 in our favour defensively? Not being funny, but I think when you look up and see you've got two CB's closing down a player running at goal, you'd take the chance of the numbers game. Give away a free kick and let them sling everyone forward, or see how we totally outnumber the ballcarrier? There are times when you need to bring the opposition down, but when you've got twice as many players around the ball as the opposition, that's not one of them. The fault and crime is the fact no one even attempted to tackle... a blame that gets shared equally between Joey, Lees and Pudil.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest Kagoshimaowl
Just now, coopswfc76 said:

Yes he should have dealt with it but so should Pudil have stopped him coming inside, Lees should have stood him up and Dawson shouldn't get beat at near post.

Only difference is that was all in the penalty area. All Joey’s fault I’m afraid!!