2 nil up and lucas comes on????

Can’t see why anyone at the time should question Joao for Nuhiu it seemed the right thing to do , Kirby was the obviously the wrong choice for me . We had that game won and let it go it’s so sickening , if only Fessi had put that easy chance away 3-0 it really was game over . Ah well the joys of following the Wednesday eh .

38 minutes ago, Burnsie said:

The idea was to hit them on the break. Made sense to me 

Why?..why did we have to hit them on the break, We were 2-0 up and fairly comfortable, Nuhiu caused them to panic several times, Onomah was playing well, it had worked for nigh on 80 minutes.

I though we were seeing it out...Onomah was comfortable on the ball and surely Fletcher would have been better at holding the ball than Joao.

I'm not just talking hindsight, it baffled most on the Kop around me...Its a decent result against the top side in the division, but I thought he substitutions bordered on pointless.

I'm not howling for Jos' head or owt, but crikey...If its not broken etc

3 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

I was calling for the Joao/ Nuhiu sub so can’t criticise that one. Thought Kirby coming on was risky at the time though.

Onomah came off with an eye injury.

Kirby was the only midfielder on the bench. Got to think Boyd and Jones are unwanted and finished. Oh to have their old heads in that last 12 minutes.

Edited by Holmowl

1 minute ago, zzmdu said:

Nuhiu didn't do bad; but should have & be starting with Joao & bringing on Nuhiu to see the game out.

Would be easier to agree with you if we hadn't been 2 nil up with Nuhiu starting. It obviously was working. 

1 minute ago, mr moody said:

Would be easier to agree with you if we hadn't been 2 nil up with Nuhiu starting. It obviously was working. 

As my post Nuhiu did ok. Not great IMO; but not bad.

I'd start with Joao. Miles better than Nuhiu. Nuhiu would have been a perfect addition to see that game out.

If we've a chance of the play offs FF & Joao have to start.

5 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

As my post Nuhiu did ok. Not great IMO; but not bad.

I'd start with Joao. Miles better than Nuhiu. Nuhiu would have been a perfect addition to see that game out.

If we've a chance of the play offs FF & Joao have to start.

You think Joao is a better CENTRAL striker than Nuhiu?

And a better CENTRAL striker than Fletcher?

I didn't have a problem with Nuhiu coming off, he looked knackered to me. However his physique & harassment of their defenders was causing them problems & he should have been replaced with a more like for like player in Fletcher. After Nuhiu went off their centre backs had their easiest period of the match.

Guest Theboylangers

We've definitely got the making of a good team right now. Small margins is what we're talking about here. 

Guest The Horse

Thought it was the right decision too.

Leeds presed us high beacuse we had no pace up front for them to worry about.

When West Brom put their three subs on, i thought it was a good idea to bring on Joao to combat the onslaught and pressure - they wouldn't be as gung-ho to press up as they would be vulnerable to the killer punch.

Onomah going off and Joao in 'can't be arsed mode' wasn't part of the plan though.

Edited by The Horse