Sorry but Jos cost us points

8 hours ago, Flat Owl said:

Would have taken Nuhiu off...he was tired...and replaced him with Fletcher.

Put Thornily on and pushed Hector into midfield if Onomah was injured.

Thought exactly same at the time . Why at 2-0 did we put a young boy on in kirby who is nowhere near ready , thornily should have been on . Ive questioned jos's subs or lack of them nearly all season 

Jos costs us points every game by not playing our best f-in goalkeeper!!!!!

Dawson is a very promising keeper who deserves his place in the team but a keep with strong hands like Westwood saves the second goal. He also commands the box. 

No clean sheet all season 

7 hours ago, TaxiMark said:

They were bothfucked pal, they were blowing out of their arses.

Darren moore put three fresh faces on because he knew we would tire towards the end and we did .

Yes i also think Harvey Barnes could have been chopped down but its that old chestnut ...mr hindsight.

Stoke WBA and Leeds will be up there come May.

I disagree. Onomah had taken a knock yes, but did that really mean he couldn't see the game out? Atdhe is a pro footballer - he can play 90 mins...and he was still causing problems right up to the point he went off. And of course, analysing decisions is always using the benefit of hindsight but I stand by the notion that poor subs cost us this game. We were completely comfortable until that point.

The substitutions were bizarre in a game like this. In the past we have only had a 1-0 lead and defended it for the whole of the second half with only 1 up front. Although knackered Nuhiu was still causing problems and holding the ball up relieving pressure. Jaou is never a target man ( needs to play off someone)and didn’t win anything after coming on and bringing on a young inexperienced kid on was the last thing we should have done. Shut up shop, as I said earlier we have done it with just a  one goal lead for 45 minutes so why not 10 minutes

1 hour ago, vulva said:

Fletcher should have come on for Nuhui, Thornily for Onomah. Pushing Hector into midfield. 

Jos doesn’t appear to like making substitutions. And the power of the parachute payments was illustrated when they brought on Barry, Hoolahan and Robson Kanu. 

That is a massive difference as well ... it shows where we are compared to others ... Jos has spent 500k on 1 player ... 1 player!!! and brought in 2 loanees in what .. 12 months?

The most hamstrung manager we've had in terms of signings ...

even the likes of Jewell were able to sign more with pittance .. we've not even made any bloody free signings for crying out loud

absolute travesty ...

Jos has been poor in the use of his substitutes for some time IMO. The Joao for Nuhiu sub I can understand. Bringing on Kirby with effectively 15 minutes left was risky and though he wasn't to blame directly for the goals he had no positive impact whatsoever. Onomah was having a very good game and was missed. Two points thrown away.

9 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

Being harsh on Joey there, saying he let him past too easily, if you watch the replay joeys busting a gut to keep up, Barnes is just a yard faster, all he needs to do is clip his heels 

Not really. And he didn’t need to clip his heels, he should have kicked him over the stand and into the car park, it’s what a decent commanding midfielder would have done (Roy Keane-esque)

17 minutes ago, poite said:

Dawson is a very promising keeper who deserves his place in the team but a keep with strong hands like Westwood saves the second goal. He also commands the box. 

Agree but then he saved that volley earlier on in the game which he had no right to do. So......

12 hours ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Onomah going off cost us. Missed him massively in the centre

Made Pelupessy play better did so much work and was a good screen letting JP cover one man rather than the 2 he usually tries too.

As soon as he went off it all changed. Don't so much disagree with Joao as I though he got pushed and pulled all over coz they were scared of his pace and the ref didn't give him anything but Kirby coming on cost us, and against good teams he should have known this.

The sooner Hutchinson is fit the better. Should be playing we have no leader and if Jos can get him to stay in his position and don't hack EVERYONE (yes I know easier said than done as he thinks hes a one man team) then we are a good side.

3 hours ago, poite said:

That is Dawsons first mistake that has cost us this season. How many points has he saved us ? That save first half Westwood doesn't make !

Westwood was class but he has played no football for so long and prior to that wasn't at the same level. Dawson is doing very well and will only get better. Westwood wont play for us again. Lets get behind him as I think he is a top class keeper in the making.

2 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

That is Dawsons first mistake that has cost us this season. How many points has he saved us ? That save first half Westwood doesn't make !

Westwood was class but he has played no football for so long and prior to that wasn't at the same level. Dawson is doing very well and will only get better. Westwood wont play for us again. Lets get behind him as I think he is a top class keeper in the making.

Wigan

15 hours ago, roundhayowl said:

100% agree. Terrible substitutions taking off two players who were performing very well on the night.

One looked injured and one looked very tired - we were 2-0 up, you would think bringing on fresh legs with not long to go was a good decision wouldn't you?

20 minutes ago, Derbyshirelad said:

Great start but WBA looked a class above 2nd half and weren't gonna take a defeat. Lack of quality in depth in the squad.

Four points dropped last two games, Bristol City away on Sunday a tough game. Can see a nine point gap up to SU by then.

By 9th November the gap could be huge.

if you have ONE injury this November it will be meltdown again...all still giving each other blowjobs at the beginning of October as per last season lol 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, hawksmore said:

Leeds had a lot of players out too, they were there for the taking Friday night and tonight was just really poor game management.

We were lucky to get a point against leeds in the end imo, they had loads of chances to win it and looked a very decent side which pains me to say.