Sorry but Jos cost us points

1 minute ago, Wakefield owl said:

You are not been fair to Kirby there. Their second goal started from our attack where Kirby made a good run into the box and Penney played a poor ball behind him. We didn’t touch the ball again until it was in our net.

Where have I been unfair on Kirby? 

I said he wasn't at fault for our goals at all? Short of praising him for the fact we conceded I dunno what else you want me to do lol 

1 minute ago, Wakefield owl said:

You are not been fair to Kirby there. Their second goal started from our attack where Kirby made a good run into the box and Penney played a poor ball behind him. We didn’t touch the ball again until it was in our net.

Penney still has that knack of tiring the last half hour, I was shouting at the TV when he put it behind Kirby, he had another one where he had a day to put the ball in the box but didn’t. All part of the learning curve 

1 minute ago, StudentOwl said:

They don't even need to bring him down. Just show him outside and wide. 

First instance, Joey shouldn't let him past so easily

Second instance, Lees should close him down knowing that Pudil is covering instead of backing off to the edge of the box

Third instance, why hasn't he been shown on his left peg and made to run towards the corner flag? 

Joey was weak in the tackle, Lees was a coward. 

First instance Penney shouldn’t have put in a powder puff cross to give away the ball when we were attacking at 2-1 leaving us exposed at the back..... not for the first time tonight!

5 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Second instance, Lees should close him down knowing that Pudil is covering instead of backing off to the edge of the box

Third instance, why hasn't he been shown on his left peg and made to run towards the corner flag? 

Being harsh on Joey there, saying he let him past too easily, if you watch the replay joeys busting a gut to keep up, Barnes is just a yard faster, all he needs to do is clip his heels 

2 minutes ago, Rev Owl said:

This 

WTF

There was 5 mins left, yes we were hanging on but 2-0 up.

Why oh why make any changes at all.

Yes some were tired but let the guys who have done the job see it out.

For some strange reason, managers seem to throw subs on for the last few minutes, Why ?

IMO cost us tonight.

23 minutes ago, hawksmore said:

I've read my post back 47 times, i can't see where i said it did. 

Maybe you quoted the wrong person. 

OP cited Jo’s substitutions as the reason why we lost points...you said  Kirby on for Onomah was a bad decision, so I’m taking it you felt Jos substitutions cost us points.

Sorry if I’ve misunderstood you

2 minutes ago, Wakefield owl said:

I thought you said he was a passenger?

Just because he was a passenger doesn't mean he's at fault for the goals. And yes, I stand by being a passenger. 

Kirby touched the ball 6 times in 17 minutes of football and failed to retain possession of the ball a single time. If that's not being a passenger on the pitch I don't know what is. 

If he made a good run fair enough, and yeah Penney should have found him in the box... but my dog could make good runs into the box on the football pitch near my house, and he would have had the same level of effectiveness. It might be harsh, but it's also fact. 

should have put Fletcher on for Nuhiu like for like ,and the young kid was out of his depth against seasoned midfielders  weakened the side i'm afraid , west brom come on strong in the second half of their games and we should have been ready for it ,

12 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Yep or that, but if you can’t do any of that, you need to take him down. We have never been good at “clever fouls”. Thought joey had an excellent game up to the 85th minute. 

posts like this show how daft football fans are

win 2-0 and Jos is a genius

we let a player run from HIS OWN BOX to bang one in the other net and suddenly Jos is to blame

joey or lees should have took a yellow for the team

Thought the substitutions were very poor (at 2-0 should always have been Fletch for Nuhiu) but they were not responsible for gifting two appalling goals away.

the second goal was a shocker. But if you want to blame Jos it should be because we look utterly incapable of defending  with confidence.  I wonder what exactly we are doing in training. I am surprised in truth that this is not an area Jos has improved. His record at Hertha Berlin was strong in this respect and he came with a reputation of being a good organiser. The last thing we look at the back is organised.  We have simply got to stop gifting the opposition a goal or two. 

Disappointing end - yes very definitely but it was Jos and his excellent team setup that got us 2-0 up and playing as the better team.  Who wouldnt have taken a point before the game? Put those dummies back in!  A generally very positive performance - did anyone notice Bannan didn’t play by the way

From the general position of being an engineer, if it's working fine, don't fekk with it, OK someone gets a knock or is obviously fatigued, then make a change, but professional footballers should be fit enough to pull a 90 mins stint, we just needed to be more practical, pragmatic and sensible with less than 10 mins left. 

75 mins of a great game plan and performance completely undone by a couple of lousy substitutions.

I was literally talking to the TV saying ‘that’s gotta be Fletcher, if he’s taking Nuhiu off he has to go with Fletcher...it’s coming straight back otherwise’

Sure enough...

An then compounding it by just lobbing a kid in...which I can only assume was for shits and giggles 

Just now, shezzas left peg said:

From the general position of being an engineer, if it's working fine, don't fekk with it, OK someone gets a knock or is obviously fatigued, then make a change, but professional footballers should be fit enough to pull a 90 mins stint, we just needed to be more practical, pragmatic and sensible with less than 10 mins left. 

100%