World cup bid 2030

1 hour ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

There is no political reason for Northern Ireland needing to be included.

And there is no long term benefit to a capacity increase, will just mean over 10 thousands empty seats at future games and worse atmosphere.

Thsts the reason why I didn't include windsor park

Scotland Wales and the republic all have stadiums already fit to host a tournament.

Small chance if England was the only host, but even for the 2018 bid we were the fringe stadium would have been hosting exciting fixtures like Panama v Saudi Arabia or equivalent. 

Zero chance with UK and Ireland host, we will bid but we will lose with 5 stadiums going to the respective capitals at the very least. 

11 minutes ago, ex_retfordowl said:

Hillsborough would be a  enue as it would be modernised.....but the biggest factor is hillsborough park. Already shown with various events it would make a great fans zone and right next to the ground

Exactly what i was going to say. Hillsborough park would be a massive factor.

I wonder if this would have any bearing on us potentially moving to a new ground?

I used to have a copy of the ground improvements as visualised by Lee a few years ago 

We were so far ahead of other grounds decades ago we've never improved - We lost our financial footing at the wrong time 

The shocking leppings lane end sums it up 

17 hours ago, OwlLuke said:

Small chance if England was the only host, but even for the 2018 bid we were the fringe stadium would have been hosting exciting fixtures like Panama v Saudi Arabia or equivalent. 

Zero chance with UK and Ireland host, we will bid but we will lose with 5 stadiums going to the respective capitals at the very least. 

We'd have the same chance as every other stadium of hosting Brazil or Spain games. The group structure and venues are set before the draw is made, so apart from England who'd presumably be designated Wembley for most if not all games the rest are randomly drawn. They don't make the draw and then decide which grounds host which games. 

On 03/10/2018 at 23:21, helmut_rooster said:

Hope we don't get it, failed everytime we try (since 66) must be a reason why? I do wonder what that could possibly be? 

We could hold a world cup tomorrow in the country no need to build new stadiums, but they don't ever want us to have it. 

The answer is to be found in the “movie” United Passions, scripted by FIFA with Tim Roth playing the hero Sepp Blatter whose aim throughout appears to be to thwart the racist, imperialist, arrogant and corrupt English FA. It will be an hour and a half you won’t get back but it will demonstrate clearly the psyche of the FIFA administration in recent years.