Red Button Coverage

14 hours ago, MichaelSwfc1867 said:

Does anybody know why when we watch the red button the picture quality is horrendous and we don’t get any replays but when it shows you on Sky Sport News when the pundits are covering the games the picture looks HD quality and it gives replays? 

1. Picture Quality:

Sky only have a certain amount of space for channels, HD quality takes more, you may not know but channels often move around transponders to make room for other services, something you never see on an official Sky box as all this is done in the background, Sky sports news in HD will show the goals in HD as they are filmed in HD and you are watching on a Channel in HD lol 

2. No Replays:

No replays as you are only seeing the "Hard Cam" aka the main camera, a bloke filming, to have all camera angles etc, would require a monumental effort and cost from Sky to setup at each Championship ground, for each game, each week, then remove (yes we all know they can afford it) There main aim is to provide you with what they say.....the full live match, you want replays, different camera angles, this is only available this season if you support L***s this season.

Bonjour.  

• Like 1

Not being funny, but if somebody had said even 2 years ago that all midweek games were available live on sky sports red button, people would have called you insane and said it will never happen......now we are moaning about a lack of replays and HD picture lol

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

I do not think picture quality is that bad.

I think it is probably due to lack or limitations on bandwidth for it not being HD. Not certain but probably some technical reason the same happens on BBC when you use red button and they have multiple screens. 

There is a commentator (the one against Notts Forest was not aware of all players names and struggled at times) but no pundit the lack of replay can be annoying when something you are keen to have a second look at occurs.

Think availability of many games will impact season ticket sales especially for those who have to travel significant distances.

It wants banning!!! Grounds will soon be even emptier than they are...football to most as always about going to the game, match of the day and super Sunday etc... 

when it was first announced I was all for it but having been hillsborough 2/3 times for midweek games, I’m totally against it!! 

I've only used the red button service a handful of times - first time was the pigs at Boro early in the season which was a poor, fuzzy SD picture. Then I watched us at Forest the other week and another game the night before that, plus the Villa game last night and the picture quality was absolutely fine, pretty much HD standard, it looked no different to the game that was being fully broadcast on the HD channel and a million times better than the Champions League games that were being shown at the same time on my SD BT Sport box.

I've got fairly fast BT broadband, Sky Q and a 4k TV so maybe that's a factor. It was noted though on here for the Forest game that despite my picture being fine, the stream appeared to be about 30 seconds behind other Owlstalkers - I noticed early on that something was mentioned in the matchday thread that hadn't actually happened on my TV yet!

15 hours ago, MichaelSwfc1867 said:

Does anybody know why when we watch the red button the picture quality is horrendous and we don’t get any replays but when it shows you on Sky Sport News when the pundits are covering the games the picture looks HD quality and it gives replays? 

The best way to describe it to anyone who has not seen it yet, it is like watching a reserve game in the south.

There is no atmosphere, the commentary is very poor, no replays, when a goal goes it back to restart.

BUT this is new from sky and give it 1`2-18 months this service will be like watching any other games on sky, think of what sky do they develop the service. 

People I know from work have already said that Sheff Utd are losing 2,000 a game with fans preferring to go to a pub than travel mid week games.

21 minutes ago, room0035 said:

The best way to describe it to anyone who has not seen it yet, it is like watching a reserve game in the south.

There is no atmosphere, the commentary is very poor, no replays, when a goal goes it back to restart.

BUT this is new from sky and give it 1`2-18 months this service will be like watching any other games on sky, think of what sky do they develop the service. 

People I know from work have already said that Sheff Utd are losing 2,000 a game with fans preferring to go to a pub than travel mid week games.

Pigs...travel lollol 

• Haha 1

Just now, Geedee said:

I have heard a rumour that it will be for weekend games as well next season. 

Its has already started Bristol CIty game is on the red button on Sunday - I think it is the Saturday 3pm games that currently are not on the red button only

https://www.skysports.com/watch/football-on-sky/competitions/championship