Matt Penney Contract

18 minutes ago, room0035 said:

No I am referring to Penney he is first choice left back now and fox does not get a look in, if we offer him less than what Fox is on because of his age and not offer him a contract based on his ability then we will continue to miss the point.

The mistakes of the past are there for us to learn from and I really hope we do, or we will lose a lot more decent talent.

So your direct quote about”best paid player for his age group “ is what the club has said about Penney?

Problem may be, Chansiri got mugged big time on player deals and he's now too timid.

Doyen were main agents involved and they represent Penney so have DC's number.

Plus, of course, he's landed us with severe FFP constraints.  

He needs a top DOF and Alan Watson at Man City - an Owl since birth- would be perfect.

1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

"find some way to end their contract".. you've been asked time and again how you go about that.

£22 k at Hillsborough or go on loan for a lesser package?

Get your head in the real world...WE ARE STUCK WITH THEM.

Every football club does it 'its called terminate contract by mutual consent'

The player leaves getting 50% of his contract we make a saving they can then go and get a job elsewhere. 

You hoestly telling me if Westwood/Jones/Boyd were free agents they would not be snapped up elsewhere - I bet they would and we would see them again when they returned with their new team this season. 

3 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

So your direct quote about”best paid player for his age group “ is what the club has said about Penney?

We currently don't value youth we seem to offer them what we can get away with not what they are worth this needs to change or we will continue to lose the talent and for the first time in 15 years we are producing talent.

Just now, room0035 said:

Every football club does it 'its called terminate contract by mutual consent'

The player leaves getting 50% of his contract we make a saving they can then go and get a job elsewhere. 

You hoestly telling me if Westwood/Jones/Boyd were free agents they would not be snapped up elsewhere - I bet they would and we would see them again when they returned with their new team this season. 

Why would they give up a million quid to suit the club?

They're not young players hungry for games.

If you’re George Hirst you’ve gotta think to yourself, I’m out here somewhere in Belgium playing for some bum rate team in front of a few thousand, and I’m on the bench, can’t even make the bloody team 

How can this be seen as progression? Boy must be thick, as he was sold a duck 

Edited by FreshOwl
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Why would they give up a million quid to suit the club?

They're not young players hungry for games.

Not every football is a complete poo.

Why would possible the greatest football to ever wear the blue and white at Hillsborough be turning out for Worksop Town because simple a footballer loves to play.

Westwood wants back in the Ireland squad that only happens with him playing at club level. He leaves us and he goes elsewhere on less money but get back in the international team and maybe gets more money in the long run.

Boyd every team he has played for has played regularly with us he cannot get a game, does he just want to sit their take the money or does he want to play.

For the sanity of football I do hope your view on every player is not correct.

2 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

If you’re George Hirst you’ve gotta think to yourself, I’m out here somewhere in Belgium playing for some bum rate team in front of a few thousand, and I’m on the bench, can’t even make the bloody team 

How can this be seen as progression? Boy must be thick, as he was sold a duck 

Nah if your George Hirst your probably think come January i will be transferring back Leicester City then be being sent out on loan to a championship club.WTF:

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

Why would possible the greatest football to ever wear the blue and white at Hillsborough be turning out for Worksop Town because simple a footballer loves to play.

Westwood wants back in the Ireland squad that only happens with him playing at club level. He leaves us and he goes elsewhere on less money but get back in the international team and maybe gets more money in the long run.

Boyd every team he has played for has played regularly with us he cannot get a game, does he just want to sit their take the money or does he want to play.

So they'd gift the club half their enormous guaranteed salary because they're desperate for a game of football?:tango: FFS!

• Haha 1

Just now, room0035 said:

Nah if your George Hirst your probably think come January i will be transferring back Leicester City then be being sent out on loan to a championship club.WTF:

Will he though? Who in the championship gonna want some youngster who can’t get a game for Belgian second tier side 

Unless it’s a agent/club favour sort of situation, like what happened at Newcastle 

8 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

We do need a Director of Football but that shouldn’t obscure the fact that Jos and the CEO have been left with a big pile of whatsit to sort out and between them they are making a reasonable fist of doing it.

Jos has both hands and legs tied behind his back and is doing wonderfully well, if sometimes his team selection and rotation of the squad seems some what strange.

But its the CEO job to manage the squad and get rid of the players not needed and waiting for their contracts to run out anyone could do that for probably a lot less money.

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Westwood must playing for Siberia because he turned down an August transfer, loan.

Come Jan, he can sign a pre -contract for free Summer move, so mega wedge.  

5 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Will he though? Who in the championship gonna want some youngster who can’t get a game for Belgian second tier side 

Unless it’s a agent/club favour sort of situation, like what happened at Newcastle 

Well full match fit Manchester United, Everton and Leicetser CIty wanted him so playing in the Belgium 2nd division with no pressure training every day and getting match fit - we will see him on these shores very soon.

4 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

Westwood must playing for Siberia because he turned down an August transfer, loan.

Come Jan, he can sign a pre -contract for free Summer move, so mega wedge.  

So come January Stoke end up selling Butland and need a replacement they have shown interest in him previously but have not signed him probably because we were asking for a silly fee.

Do we wait till the summer or do we let him leave on a free or ask for a small fee of £500k, or pay 50% of his contract up saving us as a football club £250,000 - £500,000 for the remainder of the season or putting it another way be able to offer Matt Penny a two year deal on £2,500 - £5,000 a week.

I really cannot see the idea as being that far fetch but it would appear other don't think the same.

Has anyone else heard that Premier League clubs are only going to be allowed to have six players out on loan from next season or did I dream this. If this is the case it will stop them signing all the best young talent unless they buy feeder clubs. I would like to think if this was the case and to stop loads of money leaving the english leagues they would make it illegal for english teams to have foreign feeder clubs. You can imagine this happening now we have just lost young Mr Hirst to such a case. My main point is though if the six loan players comes in would it be good or bad for youngsters and their clubs.

19 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Well full match fit Manchester United, Everton and Leicetser CIty wanted him so playing in the Belgium 2nd division with no pressure training every day and getting match fit - we will see him on these shores very soon.

Think you’re all bigging him up a bit too much, but we’ll see 

7 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Think you’re all bigging him up a bit too much, but we’ll see 

We will - if Leicester had not found a loop hole we would have got a few million quid for him instead we got £150,000.

I will be very surprise if he does not end up back in the championship in the next 18 months. But anything can happen in football as we know. Who would have though when Antonio left us for Forest he would end up in the Premier league and being called up to the England team.

36 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Jos has both hands and legs tied behind his back and is doing wonderfully well, if sometimes his team selection and rotation of the squad seems some what strange.

But its the CEO job to manage the squad and get rid of the players not needed and waiting for their contracts to run out anyone could do that for probably a lot less money.

Job Title Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Reports to The Chairman of the Board of Directors Jobs Reporting into the Job Holder: All staff members, currently 7

1. Job Purpose (a) To be responsible for leading the organization and to ensure the effective delivery of its Business Plan (b) To deliver the priorities and targets of the County FA Business Plan and The FA’s National Game Strategy (c) To deliver the AFA Strategic Plan

2. Principal Accountabilities/Responsibilities • Development and implementation of the Alliance’s Business Plan and Company policies and procedures • Developing and implementing strategies to grow profitability • Establishing and monitoring operational plans and financial controls systems • Ensure the Company has adequate resources (including staff with the right skills and expertise) and is appropriately organized/structured to deliver successfully against the approved strategy and performance measures/standards • Manage the CFA workforce (recruit and performance manage) and maintain an effective Senior Management Team and fit-for-purpose staffing structure • Develop and manage relationships with contractors and business partners that enhance/support the services of the Company • Ensure company is compliant with all relevant legislation, employment legislation, and Safeguarding Operations Standards

3. Knowledge/Experience/Skills a) Knowledge/Experience Essential:- • Understanding of The FA’s National Game Strategy • Financial and commercial competence • Working knowledge of Company law • Experience of leading, managing and development of staff • An understanding of football governance and development • Knowledge of building regulations, laws and risks assessment • Demonstrate a working understanding and application of inclusion equality and anti-discrimination, safe and best practice • Understanding of risk management procedures for all aspects of Desirable:- • Sage accounting and/or similar e.g. Xero • Full Driving License • Sport/Football experience • CFA operations • Experience of change management and tools to assist this • A working knowledge/experience of Business improvement models

7 minutes ago, room0035 said:

We will - if Leicester had not found a loop hole we would have got a few million quid for him instead we got £150,000.

I will be very surprise if he does not end up back in the championship in the next 18 months. But anything can happen in football as we know. Who would have though when Antonio left us for Forest he would end up in the Premier league and being called up to the England team.

Can’t really compare the 2, Antonio has been at senior level playing at a Hugh standard for many years, who always had potential but outgrew us

Hirst has done absolutely nothing. If he’s got no CV/past experiences and can’t get a game for a 2nd string Belgian side then I can’t see any big names in this country going for him, it wouldn’t make sense