Daizan10

What will be the Bannan-less plan?

Lets hope that Baz decides to stay at home and watch it ont' telly, or we could have a few balls lumped to him sitting in the South, out of habit!

1 hour ago, sw1867 said:

As I said earlier, can’t make my mind up about Joao but agree we need to stop messing about at the back. I think Onomah would get us driving forwarded with more purpose and would try and play the game in their half.

That’s exactly the reason we’re so bad playing out from the back, we take an absolute age between our defenders to get the ball forward 

They get the ball off Dawson and literally crawl with it 

We need to play further up the pitch but trouble is they have got Gayle to run in behind.

I have an awful feeling Jos will look at them see top of the league , us without Bannan, and decide to camp on the edge of our own box.

The other problem is who is Joey going to pass it to.?

We've no Bannan

*Pop* goes the plan

I just don't think you understand

Who to play instead?.... (I think Abdis dead)

We've no Barry Bannan

• Agree 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, oldishowl said:

The other problem is who is Joey going to pass it to.?

Stick Onomah in a Bannan mask. Problem solved.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Yep..They are a similar size...can't see a promble lol

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Daizan10 said:

What do people think will be the plan without the maestro pulling the strings?

Panic!

Would like us to go 4 5 1 with FF and MM either side of a central three. WBA are scoring for fun but slow at the back. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Daizan10 said:

What do people think will be the plan without the maestro pulling the strings?

Gerrit Forward

garymegson

3 hours ago, AwokenGiant said:

Think Reach will go in there and we will be more direct - with Onamah sat behind. 

...and Onomah taking Reach's role.

To add to this- We need to show for the ball a lot more, whenever in possession. We don’t make anywhere near as many runs as we should. Throw ins are always crap, and it probably explains why the defence dawdle on the ball 

48 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

That’s exactly the reason we’re so bad playing out from the back, we take an absolute age between our defenders to get the ball forward 

They get the ball off Dawson and literally crawl with it 

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, 2soon said:

Would like us to go 4 5 1 with FF and MM either side of a central three. WBA are scoring for fun but slow at the back. 

Matias injured isn’t he?

Agree though, with FF and Joao either side.

14 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Matias injured isn’t he?

Against Stoke, Joao was our best wing back, while we defended.....

:picnic:

Penney looks gerat going forward on the wing and is capable defensively and the same can be said about Joao playing wide.

With Nuhiu up top, to hold the ball up. We desperately need a players in midfield who are going to look after the ball and get the ball forward quickly to support the centre forward, whoever that maybe.

Nuhiu

FF                        

Penney          Reach       Onomah       Joao

Pellupessy

Thoniley        Lees         Hector             

Dawson

I have an old friend who is a Leeds fan, who now lives in New Zealand. He commented on Facebook during the Wednesday v Leeds game that Leeds needed a 7 foot tall striker. My response: Leeds need Nuhiu on loan.

lol

Now I was joking about loaning out Nuhiu, but if he'd have played for Leeds against us on Friday night, he'd have murdered us. Some times I think Wednesday make football look difficult. I suspect they spend too much time between matches looking at how difficult trying to please everyone all of the time is.

Nuhiu, given the chance again, and given the right type of chances makes football look easy. It kind of reminds me of Carlos trying to coach Rhodes to play the Carlos way, but on this occasion Jos already knows the Nuhiu way. Fletcher can still have an impact off the bench.

Time to get back to basics, if its good enough for Beelzebub at Leeds, its good enough for Wednesday

:luhukay:

• Disagree 1

5 hours ago, AwokenGiant said:

Think Reach will go in there and we will be more direct - with Onamah sat behind. 

While I would do this have a midfield 2 of Onomah as Reach behind a front 3 of Matias Joao and Forestieri it won't happen. Pellunonexistant will play.

2 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Matias injured isn’t he?

I thought he was back. Could be wrong

5 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

A wig should do it.

IMG_6316.JPG

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

Against Stoke, Joao was our best wing back, while we defended.....

:picnic:

Penney looks gerat going forward on the wing and is capable defensively and the same can be said about Joao playing wide.

With Nuhiu up top, to hold the ball up. We desperately need a players in midfield who are going to look after the ball and get the ball forward quickly to support the centre forward, whoever that maybe.

Nuhiu

FF                        

Penney          Reach       Onomah       Joao

Pellupessy

Thoniley        Lees         Hector             

Dawson

I have an old friend who is a Leeds fan, who now lives in New Zealand. He commented on Facebook during the Wednesday v Leeds game that Leeds needed a 7 foot tall striker. My response: Leeds need Nuhiu on loan.

lol

Now I was joking about loaning out Nuhiu, but if he'd have played for Leeds against us on Friday night, he'd have murdered us. Some times I think Wednesday make football look difficult. I suspect they spend too much time between matches looking at how difficult trying to please everyone all of the time is.

Nuhiu, given the chance again, and given the right type of chances makes football look easy. It kind of reminds me of Carlos trying to coach Rhodes to play the Carlos way, but on this occasion Jos already knows the Nuhiu way. Fletcher can still have an impact off the bench.

Time to get back to basics, if its good enough for Beelzebub at Leeds, its good enough for Wednesday

:luhukay:

I negged you for playing Joao at right wing back. Sorry but ridiculous!  Doesn’t matter that you put him further forward....it’s still at wing back.

Edited by Kagoshimaowl