What will be the Bannan-less plan?

To add to this- We need to show for the ball a lot more, whenever in possession. We don’t make anywhere near as many runs as we should. Throw ins are always crap, and it probably explains why the defence dawdle on the ball 

48 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

That’s exactly the reason we’re so bad playing out from the back, we take an absolute age between our defenders to get the ball forward 

They get the ball off Dawson and literally crawl with it 

19 minutes ago, 2soon said:

Would like us to go 4 5 1 with FF and MM either side of a central three. WBA are scoring for fun but slow at the back. 

Matias injured isn’t he?

Agree though, with FF and Joao either side.

14 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Matias injured isn’t he?

Agree though, with FF and Joao either side.

Against Stoke, Joao was our best wing back, while we defended.....

:picnic:

Penney looks gerat going forward on the wing and is capable defensively and the same can be said about Joao playing wide.

With Nuhiu up top, to hold the ball up. We desperately need a players in midfield who are going to look after the ball and get the ball forward quickly to support the centre forward, whoever that maybe.

Nuhiu

FF                        

Penney          Reach       Onomah       Joao

Pellupessy

Thoniley        Lees         Hector             

Dawson

I have an old friend who is a Leeds fan, who now lives in New Zealand. He commented on Facebook during the Wednesday v Leeds game that Leeds needed a 7 foot tall striker. My response: Leeds need Nuhiu on loan.

lol

Now I was joking about loaning out Nuhiu, but if he'd have played for Leeds against us on Friday night, he'd have murdered us. Some times I think Wednesday make football look difficult. I suspect they spend too much time between matches looking at how difficult trying to please everyone all of the time is.

Nuhiu, given the chance again, and given the right type of chances makes football look easy. It kind of reminds me of Carlos trying to coach Rhodes to play the Carlos way, but on this occasion Jos already knows the Nuhiu way. Fletcher can still have an impact off the bench.

Time to get back to basics, if its good enough for Beelzebub at Leeds, its good enough for Wednesday

:luhukay:

Guest Kagoshimaowl
7 hours ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

Against Stoke, Joao was our best wing back, while we defended.....

:picnic:

Penney looks gerat going forward on the wing and is capable defensively and the same can be said about Joao playing wide.

With Nuhiu up top, to hold the ball up. We desperately need a players in midfield who are going to look after the ball and get the ball forward quickly to support the centre forward, whoever that maybe.

Nuhiu

FF                        

Penney          Reach       Onomah       Joao

Pellupessy

Thoniley        Lees         Hector             

Dawson

I have an old friend who is a Leeds fan, who now lives in New Zealand. He commented on Facebook during the Wednesday v Leeds game that Leeds needed a 7 foot tall striker. My response: Leeds need Nuhiu on loan.

lol

Now I was joking about loaning out Nuhiu, but if he'd have played for Leeds against us on Friday night, he'd have murdered us. Some times I think Wednesday make football look difficult. I suspect they spend too much time between matches looking at how difficult trying to please everyone all of the time is.

Nuhiu, given the chance again, and given the right type of chances makes football look easy. It kind of reminds me of Carlos trying to coach Rhodes to play the Carlos way, but on this occasion Jos already knows the Nuhiu way. Fletcher can still have an impact off the bench.

Time to get back to basics, if its good enough for Beelzebub at Leeds, its good enough for Wednesday

:luhukay:

I negged you for playing Joao at right wing back. Sorry but ridiculous!  Doesn’t matter that you put him further forward....it’s still at wing back.

Edited by Kagoshimaowl

Onomah for Bannan, 4 , 2 , 3, 1

Matias,   FF,   Reach

Joao

Tell Reach, Matias to support full backs in defending and get FF to hassle Barry out of possession same way other teams target Jones, Joao gives us ball over top option so should keep them playing deeper to give us more room in midfield...

A big concern tomorrow evening is keeping the ball once we get it. Bannan does that in spades. Nobody in our side comes close to his ability to seek, keep and use the ball.

Prejudices aside, we only have one other fit midfielder who makes himself always available, and is able to keep the ball and find a colleague, albeit far less ambitiously than Bannan.

Dont be surprised to see David Jones tomorrow.

However, that would then question Onomah. If Josh doesn’t get a shirt when Bannan is out, when would he start?

Edited by Holmowl

3 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

I negged you for playing Joao at right wing back. Sorry but ridiculous!  Doesn’t matter that you put him further forward....it’s still at wing back.

He's definitely a winger in that formation, but willing to track back.

Against Stoke he played as a wide striker, but still tracked back to full back.

That was clearly Jos decision that day.

I'm comfortable with him going forward and tracking back. I don't know why he's not playing?

I’d like us to control the midfield with 5 in it, with Jaoa up top on his own to counter at pace. I’d play Joey and Hector with Onamah and have 2 of Fessi, Reach, Matias out wide, so a 451 at outset. 

Or, Jaoa and Fletch upfront with a disciplined two solid banks of 4 behind. Playing with defensive fullbacks so not to leave big gaps and real wingers of Penney/Reach/Matias or Fessi. Joey and Jones in middle.