What will be the Bannan-less plan?

10 minutes ago, sw1867 said:

You should have mentioned this before :biggrin:

For what it’s worth, I think you are right that FF shouldn’t be up top.

Im going to get a cunning new user name, then get back to my old days of it being every other post.

Owlholm.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Need Joao Fletcher Nando attack in a 433,  or Joao Fletcher in attack in a 352.

Please please please let’s not see FF up top in a two. It’s just hopeless - witness the second half on Friday.

In midfield we will obviously have Reach and Joey, and assume Onomah comes in for Bannan. 

I wasn't a fan.. but I'm starting to like snooty's 5 3 3.

3 minutes ago, wilfsmith said:

I'm wondering if Westwood could play a more central role. His ability to organise the defence has been commented upon frequently on Owlstalk and being more involved in the middle of the park could be the answer!

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

Loads of people on here going for lots of strikers and attacking options, for me we need to somehow find a way to win the midfield battle against West brom. 

Throwing loads of strikers up top is no use if you can't get them the ball and their starved of service, it also takes the pressure off of our embattled back four. 

Leeds again like forest won the midfield battle against us limiting us to next to nothing going forward and putting huge pressure on the defence especially in that second half. We need to find a way to get more of the  ball and retain it better. 

1 hour ago, sw1867 said:

As I said earlier, can’t make my mind up about Joao but agree we need to stop messing about at the back. I think Onomah would get us driving forwarded with more purpose and would try and play the game in their half.

That’s exactly the reason we’re so bad playing out from the back, we take an absolute age between our defenders to get the ball forward 

They get the ball off Dawson and literally crawl with it