Man City at home 2002...

Hopefully those that remember this day can help me shed some light on this. 

It's the game we lost 6-2, when Bernabia played us off the park. 

I could have sworn that they had both tiers of the West stand, the corner and a strip of the North stand. I've always remembered it as being the biggest away support I've seen at Hillsborough, yet this article says they only had 5,000

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sheffield-wednesday-2-manchester-city-1190737

If they did have both, tiers, the corner and a bit of the North it would have been more like 10k wouldn't it? 

9 minutes ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

Hopefully those that remember this day can help me shed some light on this. 

It's the game we lost 6-2, when Bernabia played us off the park. 

I could have sworn that they had both tiers of the West stand, the corner and a strip of the North stand. I've always remembered it as being the biggest away support I've seen at Hillsborough, yet this article says they only had 5,000

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sheffield-wednesday-2-manchester-city-1190737

If they did have both, tiers, the corner and a bit of the North it would have been more like 10k wouldn't it? 

Only club I remember having any part of the North was Rangers

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Watson said:

Only club I remember having any part of the North was Rangers

Also remember Wolves once had a section on the end of the North.

Obviously straight after the disaster in 89 a few clubs got a section of it only one I can remember though were Boro for the notable Whitton game when they also had a few in the triangle on the Kop.

27 minutes ago, OWL1969 said:

Also remember Wolves once had a section on the end of the North.

Obviously straight after the disaster in 89 a few clubs got a section of it only one I can remember though were Boro for the notable Whitton game when they also had a few in the triangle on the Kop.

Was the Wolves game that one that was last match of the season, also around 2002? Might be what I'm thinking of.

14 minutes ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

Was the Wolves game that one that was last match of the season, also around 2002? Might be what I'm thinking of.

Was last match yes. 

West Brom (managed by Megson) went up at their expense.

They also brought loads in Cup in mid 90s. (Maybe 95)

16 minutes ago, vulva said:

I remember Middlesbrough having some of the North when Whitton scored to keep us up. 

Lepp was shut, that was about 4 weeks after the disaster and away fans were put in there