Reality check, there will be more

Thought leeds looked very decent, defending was back to the walls stuff, we can defend, but we can't get it forward, thought Hector had a good game, but they pressed us all over the place and we rushed every pass out, we don't seem to move it with any accuracy, some of the passing along the back line was suicidal!

Disagree strong midfield stops the pressure on the defence, keep the ball and the opposition can't get at your defence. The midfield gives the ball away far too carelessly inviting pressure

We simply need to start taking control in matches. Not seen us dominate a home game yet this season

22 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

No pal it's the back 3. Another one who doesn't recognise Pelupessy is a key part of the team. Without him Bannan is terrible. 

What we lack is defenders who can actually pass a ball and someone who can head it. We seem to have found the header in Hector. But still no passing.

Completely agree on both points.  Distribution was really poor at times, but there wasn't really much of a stable outlet to aim for 

A point that we were fortunate to get tonight .....but who cares.

Having said that we were awful second half with the ball. No confidence or composure, no outlets. No idea really. Contrast that to the opposition who all seemed happy with the ball at their feet, played fast forward passing both long and short and whose movement off the ball was first rate. Some way to go yet!

Yeah...we just need to spend. 

You know, ignore the flipping embargo we were under for 4 or so months, and start splashing the cash. 

That'll sort it. 

Better yet, perhaps we can splash the cash on buying the OP a new brain. 

52 minutes ago, Sheff44 said:

As above, best Leeds side I've seen for years, outclassed us, a fortunate point, cheque book needs to come out when possible I'm afraid.

We’ve 5 or 6 players out injured that could have started tonight

Winnall

Hooper

Hutchinson

Lee

Mathias

13 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Yeah...we just need to spend. 

You know, ignore the flipping embargo we were under for 4 or so months, and start splashing the cash. 

That'll sort it. 

Better yet, perhaps we can splash the cash on buying the OP a new brain. 

Nah mate,i'd rather keep reading what his "in use" one keeps posting.

51 minutes ago, Sheff44 said:

As above, best Leeds side I've seen for years, outclassed us, a fortunate point, cheque book needs to come out when possible I'm afraid.

The reality check is actually that we battled it out, We are in no way world beaters and won't be owt like for a couple of years.

Yea leeds were the better team, but we ground out a result, not pretty, very nervy but theres a spirit in the side and its that spirit that got us the point against Stoke and the point tonight...3 against a Villa side

Thornily, Penney, Baker, those lads were playing in front of one man and his dog last season..Then they walk into that!!?

Anyone with any sense knew it was going to be a struggle this season, it might well be the same next season, we have to live with it.

I would be worried if the performances were gutless, but they aren't, and Thornily , Baker and Penney are going to improve....

17 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

L**ds will be there abouts at the end of the season. 

(Unless they burn out with the 100 mph style- not sure what Marcelos style will do to them during the  hectic Christmas period. Pep was going crackers in his first year here as part of the festive fixtures)

Hello Snoots. I always enjoy your views on the game. Can you enlighten me as to what Bielsa has done to that Leeds side. We wiped the floor with them at home last season and they have much of the same team. Yes they press but they were passing through us for fun tonight.

13 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

The reality check is actually that we battled it out, We are in no way world beaters and won't be owt like for a couple of years.

Yea leeds were the better team, but we ground out a result, not pretty, very nervy but theres a spirit in the side and its that spirit that got us the point against Stoke and the point tonight...3 against a Villa side

Thornily, Penney, Baker, those lads were playing in front of one man and his dog last season..Then they walk into that!!?

Anyone with any sense knew it was going to be a struggle this season, it might well be the same next season, we have to live with it.

I would be worried if the performances were gutless, but they aren't, and Thornily , Baker and Penney are going to improve....

Well said mate