Reality check, there will be more

1 minute ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Eh?

All it shows is that we're miles away from a top 2 side which I think many of us already knew.

Top 6 though is a possibility of we sort out our defending at times.

Defence is fine. The issue is  the lack of a midfield general. 4 years and waiting. Pelupessy not good enough

Our lack of ball retention when under pressure is shocking

Just now, mkowl said:

Defence is fine. The issue is  the lack of a midfield general. 4 years and waiting. Pelupessy not good enough

Our lack of ball retention when under pressure is shocking

No pal it's the back 3. Another one who doesn't recognise Pelupessy is a key part of the team. Without him Bannan is terrible. 

What we lack is defenders who can actually pass a ball and someone who can head it. We seem to have found the header in Hector. But still no passing.

Just now, Birley Owl 1867 said:

No pal it's the back 3. Another one who doesn't recognise Pelupessy is a key part of the team. Without him Bannan is terrible. 

What we lack is defenders who can actually pass a ball and someone who can head it. We seem to have found the header in Hector. But still no passing.

All about opinions in a home match we need to be more in command and take the game to the opposition, boss them 

Let the defenders defend

1 minute ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

We have Lees who is fine on the ball, and Pudil too. Why in hell was Pudil on the bench again with Thornley playing? Hardly rewarded for his great performance vs Villa. Hector's distribution was terrible unforunately, hopefully nerves because he looked way short of what we need.

I don't see Pelupessy's impact enough either. Some games he does it, but total he was a total bystander. Hardly got a foot in, and the amount of times Leeds got between our defence and midfield was scary. Surely that is his job?

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Ronio said:

I'd be more worried if i was a leeds fan based on that effort.  

I should add, to reiterate my point.

To be on top, to dominate and do nothing with the chances created is more of a bad reflection on leeds than it does us. 

2 minutes ago, fife_owl said:

It’s early days.  Leeds are on fire, we ground out a draw.

Although they dominated us, we dug in and restricted their on target shots.

Very sensible point of view. Wish there were more realists amongst us.

We need to be grateful for these ground out draws against good teams, rather than critical because we didn't play like Real Madrid.

Just now, Birley Owl 1867 said:

But they put themselves under pressure by not being able to play so it need sorting first.

The midfield is fine.

Too easy to get through