Dawson

18 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

QUESTION

If Dawson improved his catching of the ball and distribution would that be enough to satisfy everyone to back him and forget about Westwood?

Can we have Westwood back in the mean time. 

Guest Willow Owl
42 minutes ago, rob1601 said:

Andy Rhodes is a big loss. He's the one who developed our keepers in recent years and made them what they were.

Is Nicky Weaver doing anything wrong though Rob1601?

26 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

People have short memories. Westwood also had his flaws. He was one footed whereas Dawson can use both. Westwood's kicking was terrible, Dawson's is much better. Westwood also made mistakes.

he so wasnt... cleared the half way line with both feet EVERY game.

5 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Usually into the stands. His kicking was atrocious. 

nope, his distribution was crap at times ur right about that. but whenever a defender laid it back to him he pinged it wayyy past the half way line with both feet, every week.

i dont even want him back in, im happy with Dawson, but the fact is westwood was two footed cos i watched on in envy.

22 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

QUESTION

If Dawson improved his catching of the ball and distribution would that be enough to satisfy everyone to back him and forget about Westwood?

It'd certainly give Hector et al more confidence.

But wouldn't address intangibles like experience to boss senior defenders and thus influence game more.

And we don't know how club's treatment of Westy has affected team morale.

39 minutes ago, GY-owl.4 said:

quoting diff' issues.

were talking about whether KW can kick with his left foot or not. 

anyone in doubt should just watch ANY highlights of a game he played. 

Fair enough then he better find a club better suited to his talents 

the Miami Dolphins  are looking for a kicker ..

Mind you he better speed up a tad 

It could get messy if he faffs about ......

WTF:

x61qelyrtdhojayv7knw.gif

• Haha 2

Guest samowl

My opinion is he's not improved.  He's played every game like it's his debut. Are we still coaching him. Forget his distribution. That will soon improve. Coming and collecting crises or punches etc helps the back four no end. That's a confidence in his own ability issue IMO.

3 hours ago, samowl said:

My opinion is he's not improved.  He's played every game like it's his debut. Are we still coaching him. Forget his distribution. That will soon improve. Coming and collecting crises or punches etc helps the back four no end. That's a confidence in his own ability issue IMO.

Not quite, you can tell he is well confident in his abilities, both when he speaks and in his persona.

but maybe having a bit of trouble showing it in big games, big atmospheres. maybe during them 90 mins it can shrink a little, and it only needs to be a little to see what we saw friday night, still solid enough with the basics (thankfully!) but shaky in his decision making.

he'll defo get thru it and come through the other side better for it. 

take friday out of the equasion (and Westwood) and its fair to say Dawson has had a great start to the season. 

he should have had threads about him like penney has, positive ones..

im not saying hes perfect, i dont expect him to be yet, but what potential.

ive always been mega critical of keepers. all my life. but im well happy with Dawson in our net, never bothers me for a second. 

I dont think modern day keepers are very good.

the standards are no-where near where they should be. you look at keepers thru the years and levels have dropped. not with everybody, but in general.

they have ONE excuse... the modern moving ball. weird thing is, probably the one aspect that has improved is the shot stopping, yet the modern ball should make it harder (indeed it does)  ... but im talking decision making, narrowing angles, not selling yourself, let them make the decision first. save with your feet if you cant get it with your hands, i could go on and on and talk about PL goal after goal after goal where the keeper hasnt covered themselves in any glory to say the least... yet it goes past un-noticed by pundits, maybe a flippant 'and the keeper had no chance' just because he wants to wax lyrical about the scorer....NO, STOP... that keeper was poo for that goal and you should be talking about it ffs!

Fitness/diet/drills/videos/coaches of nowadays should make keepers better than ever historically. but they're no where near.

better physically, but in the head...meh

Its why i rate Andy Rhodes so much, the fundamentals in all 3 of our keepers are brill compared to loads of other keepers  that i see.

Giggs goal where in that SF when he waves his shirt round his head... seaman was crap for that goal, crap but its never said.