Dawson

Just now, dnhc said:

i wouldn't say they were 'fantastic' they're improving (but according to what i'm hearing coming out of the club, they need to, as we have to go up).

i put previous season's poor starts up to 'no money' or 'late recruitment' of big players, and pisspoor management.

It’s  better than the starts Carlos made and with academy players 

Owlstalk Shop

Last night was a great example of everything that disappoints me about Wednesday fans.

Important local derby. Check

Team all around playing poorly in the second half. Check

Keeper who has come through the ranks playing in the net. Check

Fans doing everything they could to unnerve said keeper. Check

All young players are going to have inconsistent games, keepers especially, the way they learn is playing games.

Fans should be supporting the players / team on match days.

Either we are backing the new team policies or not. If Dawson is hounded out of the team who are you going to pick on next? Baker or Penny?

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Ultimately its results that matter

We have got results 

We did get a result and it’s definitely a point gained...the performance wasn’t great and we got away with one.

dawson was suspect throughout, no one who watched the game can deny that. The keeper situation is still a very bizarre one for me. 

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

This is the sad truth

He's making mistakes. He's bound to. He's a young lad learning his trade on the job. 

I absolutely dread though, and I really do mean dread,  the first he drops (as all keepers do) a proper bolllock and costs us a daft goal. 

The meltdown will be on a scale rarely seen. 

When that happens please banzor me for a full week and remove any temptation I might have to log in.  

16 hours ago, Brissy-owl said:

For me is nowhere near good enough, can't command his defence, can't judge a cross, makes terrible decisions 

He is a young keeper still learning his trade with only a handful of championship games under his belt. 

Get off his back and give the lad time .

FFS :picnic:

17 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

He's making mistakes. He's bound to. He's a young lad learning his trade on the job. 

I absolutely dread though, and I really do mean dread,  the first he drops (as all keepers do) a proper bolllock and costs us a daft goal. 

When that happens please banzor me for a full week and remove any temptation I might have to log in.  

Who's going to do the OMDT Mr selfish?

12 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Who's going to do the OMDT Mr selfish?

I'd have to pre do them. Start them earlier in the week than 5 to midnight.

Just leave blank bits or cross out as appropriate lines. 

"Well ,a funny old week after our win/draw/defeat against Ipswich"

• Haha 1

Dawson was pretty average. Their goal was pretty save able, he was too slow which is worrying.

Not to mention he can't kick to save himself which is almost critical for a modern keeper.

What has Wildsmith done to be considered second choice?

Seeing both him and Dawson for a few games now i think Wildsmith is by far the superior keeper.

3 hours ago, sethman75 said:

Dawson was pretty average. Their goal was pretty save able, he was too slow which is worrying.

Not to mention he can't kick to save himself which is almost critical for a modern keeper.

What has Wildsmith done to be considered second choice?

Seeing both him and Dawson for a few games now i think Wildsmith is by far the superior keeper.

What is it that your seeing?

cos ive seen Dawson have 1 dodgy game, which was last night, a game in which he also did alot of things very well.

and he hasnt cost us a goal yet? 

Meanwhile i have seen Wildsmith in a similar amount of games to Dawson, and i have seen 4 or 5 clangers, im talking pot shots from outside the box that have gone thru him and trickled over the line, not to mention the 2 at boro which knocked us out the cup which were howlers of the highest order.

5 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

As long as its not against the pigs he'll be fine!

1 hour ago, GY-owl.4 said:

What is it that your seeing?

cos ive seen Dawson have 1 dodgy game, which was last night, a game in which he also did alot of things very well.

and he hasnt cost us a goal yet? 

Meanwhile i have seen Wildsmith in a similar amount of games to Dawson, and i have seen 4 or 5 clangers, im talking pot shots from outside the box that have gone thru him and trickled over the line, not to mention the 2 at boro which knocked us out the cup which were howlers of the highest order.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this. Wildsmith cost us the game at QPR in April with 2 howlers. 

Yes Dawson looked a little nervy last night but he hasn't cost us any points in ANY game he has played for the club. Wildsmith has.

As for the post above saying he should have saved the shot last night! Wow, just wow!