Dawson

1 minute ago, jonesy87shef said:

Inhave nothing agasit Dawson, but I’d take a lot of goalkeeping stats with a pinch of salt. So many different factors. Like the number of shots faced and the quality of them for example. 

Certain stats dont paint paint a full picture. Jorginho got the most passes in a prem game for Chelsea vs West Ham I believe the other day. He was poor, gave it away loads and went sideways far too often. Criticised rightfully so by pundits during the game and yet had his arse licked after because of stats.

How about the fact that he’s not cost us anything through mistakes 

Dawson - does nothing wrong/calamitous yet some fans want him out 

unbelievable

Owlstalk Shop

He's having a sticky patch after his great form last season. It shows a lot that Jos is sticking with him, clearly saying you are my no1 right now and putting confidence in him. I think he'll come good again, does need to learn better judgment of when to come off his line though I agree.

2 minutes ago, ElsecarOwl said:

Don't think anyone will disagree with the shot stopping but at this moment in time he doesn't command his area or talk to his defence.

May come with experience hopefully.

And that is exactly my point.

We can all see he needs to command his box more, but when folk pipe up with ‘the daisy cutters were worrying me’ are talking utter shiiiiiit.

1 minute ago, paulrs said:

He’s young and inexperienced so not going to slate the lad but he was shaky throughout. 4 or 5 times he made poor decisions but got away with it tonight. I don’t feel he commands his area and indirectly that will affect the defence in front of him even if he’s not making big errors himself.

Lets hope it’s more the exception than the rule 

Agreed

the classy thing to do as Wednesday fans now is to say let’s hope he studies the video of the game and learns from it 

I hope as fans we can adopt that approach with our new young stars as it would and could really reap massive rewards if so 

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Grez Bez

Very good keeper; didn't have the best game on crosses but Jesus give him a break. Leeds had more shots than any team in the championship tonight and we let in one goal!

Some people need to step away from the keyboard after a game if they cannot think past emotions.

Just now, @owlstalk said:

How about the fact that he’s not cost us anything through mistakes 

Dawson - does nothing wrong/calamitous yet some fans want him out 

unbelievable

I agree he hasn’t made many mistakes leading to goals. I can only think of a couple. However he has been bailed out a couple of times tonight where a mistake could have been a goal. 

I think he’s doing ok and the basics will get better with games.

However just because mistakes don’t lead to goals doesn’t mean he isn’t making any. I remember criticising Palmer during Westwood’s first recording equaling clean sheet season. Made mistake after mistake but got bailed out and other some other  posters ignored them and said he’s doing very well because he was part of the defence keeping those clean sheets. 

The two aren’t mutually exclusive

4 minutes ago, swfc-dan said:

He's having a sticky patch after his great form last season. It shows a lot that Jos is sticking with him, clearly saying you are my no1 right now and putting confidence in him. I think he'll come good again, does need to learn better judgment of when to come off his line though I agree.

That will come, look I'll say it again, we aren't promotion material. We need to temper that view, give the lads a chance to bed in.

Penny gave the ball away a couple of times and baker scared the hell out of me a couple of times. Both in dangerous positions.

Edited by Maddogbob

Personally i think the reason that Dawson has the nod over the other two keepers. 

Is because he is equally as good with both of his feet. 

Will kick a dead ball with either foot. 

rare for a keeper that.

We our a play out from the back team under Jos. 

This would have had a massive influence on his decision.

Just now, pazowl55 said:

Personally i think the reason that Dawson has the nod over the other two keepers. 

Is because he is equally as good with both of his feet. 

Will kick a dead ball with either foot. 

rare for a keeper that.

We our a play out from the back team under Jos. 

This would have had a massive influence on his decision.

I think Jos thought Westwood was going so prematurely told Dawson that he was his nummer eens, and now he can't retract it.

2 minutes ago, Ronio said:

If Dawson had a bad game tonight, we would have lost that game, simple as.  

I thought Dawson was unlucky to concede that goal tonight. 

Keepers can be poor and keep clean sheets. I know because I’ve done it.

I thought he was below par tonight, but I see ability and potential there. Looked shaky and decision making wasn’t up to it.

He’s young and will improve. I don’t have a problem with him playing and think he’s beenreasonably steady most the season. 

Counldnt have saved the goal, but doesn’t mean he wasn’t at fault for things unfortunately.