Dawson

Just now, swfcjack27 said:

Looked a proper liability tonight didn’t catch anything, doesn’t know whether he’s coming or staying at crosses either. Best keeper in the championship is on our books being exiled. 

Westwood is never playing for us again

Dawsons stats are WAY better than Westwood’s 

Owlstalk Shop

Wildsmith a better all round keeper.

Westwood couldn't get down far enough to pick up a newspaper last time he played for us, agility is shot to bits especially 9 months on from playing.

If we are within 6 points of the top sides at Xmas and it's affordable i think we'll bring in an experienced prem back up to see out the season.

2 minutes ago, Mystic Neg said:

Dawson had the best stats one game ago.

It is clear he has some flaws with dealing with the crosses but Leeds were rampant tonight.

The whole back line should be congratulated for getting us a point.

FOr me, the inclusion of FF completely changed our shape and again we have the question where do we play him?

We were pretty toothless all night but for a wonder goal from reach

a 1 in a 1000 effort

we missed Matias

3 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

what’s this obsession with throwing himself over the ball, even with the tame shots. How about get up quickly and think about releasing! 

Under huge pressure from Leeds for almost the full 90 minutes. He’s throwing himself on it to take the sting out of the game and give our lads a breather. We were clinging on, why on earth would he want to distribute the ball quickly when we were under almost constant pressure?

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Can someone show me the goals he let in that he should have saved?

This anti Dawson campaign needs to stop 

The stats totally back Dawson vs the experts calling for his head 

Not anti Dawson. Westwood is better though and gives a bit more communication with the defence which is a vital part of the job

5 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Even the daisy cutters I was expecting him to fumble, that’s how bad he played 

what’s this obsession with throwing himself over the ball, even with the tame shots. How about get up quickly and think about releasing it!

Daisy cutters? Give over. Some of our fans are utter morons.

He’s a great shot stopper, but what he lacks though is his ability to command his box.

I’m all for constructive criticism, but don’t come on heelre and talk absolute tosh.

1 minute ago, owlZfan84 said:

Daisy cutters? Give over. Some of our fans are utter morons.

He’s a great shot stopper, but what he lacks though is his ability to command his box.

I’m all for constructive criticism, but don’t come on heelre and talk absolute tosh.

Don't think anyone will disagree with the shot stopping but at this moment in time he doesn't command his area or talk to his defence.

May come with experience hopefully.

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Westwood is never playing for us again

Dawsons stats are WAY better than Westwood’s 

Inhave nothing agasit Dawson, but I’d take a lot of goalkeeping stats with a pinch of salt. So many different factors. Like the number of shots faced and the quality of them for example. 

Certain stats dont paint paint a full picture. Jorginho got the most passes in a prem game for Chelsea vs West Ham I believe the other day. He was poor, gave it away loads and went sideways far too often. Criticised rightfully so by pundits during the game and yet had his arse licked after because of stats.

He’s young and inexperienced so not going to slate the lad but he was shaky throughout. 4 or 5 times he made poor decisions but got away with it tonight. I don’t feel he commands his area and indirectly that will affect the defence in front of him even if he’s not making big errors himself.

Lets hope it’s more the exception than the rule 

Edited by paulrs