Dawson and Baker

i think people are being WAYYYYYY too critical of our young lads tonight,

Dawson and Baker had good games. yes they made mistakes, yes they got skinned, yes they lost their focus at times, Dawsons first shaky spell for the first team..... but he came through it. i think there was a stat that said this was the most shots ever in the championship for a team to not win a game? or something.. Dawson faced a barrage, did loads of good stuff and some shaky stuff... so what! get over it cos i can assure you he (Dawson) has. 

We took a battering, against a good side unbeaten away from home. being a good player isnt about being on the front foot looking classy all the time, its about standing up to be counted, backs to the wall, not letting the side down, and growing from getting outclassed.. but ultimately earning a point.. to a man they did that tonight.

the type of point that ive been crying out for, the wigan game, dont get ideas above your station and take a point, the forest game, 2 poor sides, come away with a point, would be in the top 6 now.

tonight we got battered by a really good side, but we take a point and move on, still unbeaten at home. thats important going forward.

see Hector has also took some stick, only conceded 2 worldies in the last 2 games since hes played... vs villa and leeds! 

If Dawson had come into the side in diff' circumstances, like westwood got sniped for big money, or got the measles for a year, folk would be raving about Dawsons overall performances this season, but folk cant get over KW still being here, they need to move on cos Wednesday have.

to finish, we moan for years that nowt comes thru the ranks at this club. then when a plethora of u23 title winners break through and cover themselves in first team glory. yes i said cover themselves in glory.... they get knocked for it off a large % of the fanbase. 

its utter madness.

im well proud of the team tonight. onwards and upwards.

10 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Wow

absolute NONSENSE that mate

no offence

lol

Check the actual stats/facts and Dawson is killing it 

The stats Sky Sports showed last night didn’t have Dawson in the top 5.

You can make stats tell you anything - I’d prefer to look at performances, points and clean sheets.

True that we are picking up more points than recent years at this stage but those points still only have us mid table and that’s what matters.

Dawson looked poor coming off his line last night and on a couple of occasions clearly didn’t communicate with defenders in front of him.

As for clean sheets - we simply don’t keep them. Now that’s down to the whole team, but until we do we won’t be competing for the top 6 places