Dawson and Baker

Both were poor tonight but they are still developing and will be inconsistent. No-one more so than Penney who I thought was dreadful. That’s what you get with young players. 

Personally I’m less convinced Baker will establish himself than I am about Dawson or Penney but time will tell for all of them, it’s very early days in their careers. 

2 minutes ago, paulrs said:

Both were poor tonight but they are still developing and will be inconsistent. No-one more so than Penney who I thought was dreadful. That’s what you get with young players. 

Personally I’m less convinced Baker will establish himself than I am about Dawson or Penney but time will tell for all of them, it’s very early days in their careers. 

I though Penney did ok and learnt a lot being up against top players

Baker looked nervous again and maybe he’s not quite ready for the biggest games but good to see him coming through

Owlstalk Shop

30 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

It’s not just corners, Dawson is opting to punch out nearly every time, his communication is poor, his kicking is poor, I don’t really see any positives with him at the moment he needs to improve massively 

But results are amazing and his stats are good 

I agree he has lots to learn but that’s fine 

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Kagoshimaowl
1 hour ago, David1867 said:

Have these two now officially grabbed the scapegoat mantle from Nuhiu, Reach and Fox? 

Seen as both are crap and better players are sat on the sidelines while they are in the team, I would suggest yes!!

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Young players coming through and growing into their roles

they will make mistakes but only idiots will get on their backs 

they will make howlers every now and again but bigger picture is we will get two solid first framers out of them

Jos knows what he is doing 

Whilst I agree with your sentiments,I’d have preferred them to get their experience at Bradford,gillingham or  Fleetwood. If we’re gonna be paying big wages i’d rather we got value for money :goalie:

47 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The argument against Dawson is nonsensical

its like watching a race between a Ferrari and a Skoda and the stats show the Ferrrari is way way faster but people argue that the Skoda should be car of choice because it’s Green

Your very next comment after accusing someone of spouting utter twaddle????   :tango:

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I though Penney did ok and learnt a lot being up against top players

Baker looked nervous again and maybe he’s not quite ready for the biggest games but good to see him coming through

Re: Penney let’s hope so. Thought he started very confidently but as the game went on Aylings greater strength, experience and athleticism realky took over. Still, that’s a side of his game he’ll develop over time. 

3 minutes ago, paulrs said:

Re: Penney let’s hope so. Thought he started very confidently but as the game went on Aylings greater strength, experience and athleticism realky took over. Still, that’s a side of his game he’ll develop over time. 

Thiught thatvwas a great battle

good to see Penney giving him banter back too

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, cowl said:

Actually thought Baker did okay tonight.

Needless fouls seem to be recurring theme with him though.

Yeah

a bit nervous still 

I reckon his nerves will disappear when he’s dropped for Palmer for a bit and sits and considers it all

Good learning curve 

I hope he comes really strong this season

Owlstalk Shop