Ronnie Starling

Be Warned No Bottle Tops Allowed Tonight

Any bottles require the removal of bottle tops before going into the ground. However they seem to be selling bottles with tops in the ground.

As if throwing a bottle top at some one could cause damage...

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

Are tank tops allowed?

Giddings got in wearing 1 from 70s.

1 hour ago, poite said:

As if throwing a bottle top at some one could cause damage...

Well of course not, but filling a bottle with concrete that you’ve smuggled in, letting it set and then putting the top on and launching it at the West Stand could potentially wipe out tens of Leeds fans 

• Agree 1
  • Haha 3

Amazon | Broadband | AirBnb

11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Well of course not, but filling a bottle with concrete that you’ve smuggled in, letting it set and then putting the top on and launching it at the West Stand could potentially wipe out tens of Leeds fans 

If it's set you don't need a top lol

• Agree 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Cracking idea.....

Is this a new thing,   I am sure when I went the Millwall game no signs were up.     Took my top,   had to nurse my drink (I am carrying a spare top,   ) 

I honestly cannot understand the logic behind this... if it's to stop them being thrown, coins hurt more, if it's to stop bottles being thrown with liquid in... why do they sell hot drinks with lids on? 

Think it's to stop the bottles themselves been thrown. If a bottle with no top is thrown, all the liquid falls out, a bottle with the top on and full thrown would probably hurt. Also an empty bottle with a top on is a slipping hazard if thrown on the floor, a bottle with no top on would simply crumble if you step on it. That said, if they sell bottles with tops on in the ground, then what's the point. 

They took the lids off the bottles they were selling at the ground. At least they did at the counter I was at. My dad bought a bottle of water and they took the whole top section off it so there was nothing to suck the water through. The girl said it was Sheffield council's decision. So we are allowed coins but not plastic bottle tops. The world's gone mad.

We had to remove ours as we entered the ground. As we got onto the concourse people had bottles that had been purchased inside the ground with bottle tops left on. Asking stewards they were saying it was a new rule brought in but questions have to be asked as to why the rule wasn't being enforced throughout the ground? It seems our Safety Officer has failed on this one as not all staff were aware and while some were enforcing the bottle top rule they were quite happy to allow flares into the ground.

We walked in about Half an Hour before kick off me carrying a bottle of water capped and the young un with a capped bottle of Lucazade no problem 

Tha must look like a hoolie Ronnie lol

42 minutes ago, Owls_fan_since_1983 said:

I was also concerned about the smoke bomb/flares which were set off. 

But as per usual Leeds brought moreWTF:

There was a huge amount of bottle top related thuggery outside the ground last night.

Thankfully the club saved us from similar scenes occurring during the game. Can't praise them enough for their thoughtful actions.

END THE BOTTLE TOP VIOLENCE!

Edited by Owl At Risk