Wednesday - V - L**ds United (OMDT thingy)

2 hours ago, Leeds U from sheff said:

Every single week.

Dosnt matter who we play in this division.

Home fans all excited, demanding a big turnout and fans be 'up for this one' and desperate to win it.

Just the same as all the rest. 

Think you'll generally only find that response when playing a proper big club who have actually won more than us like Villa

• Haha 1

Game of golf in the sunshine this morning.

Lovely lunch with the lovely Mrs H.

Watching the Ryder Cup all afternoon.

Leaving for Hillsborough with my two older boys at 6.30.

.........just need the lads to provide the perfect punchline to “If Carlsberg did Fridays”.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Game of golf in the sunshine this morning.

Lovely lunch with the lovely Mrs H.

Watching the Ryder Cup all afternoon.

Leaving for Hillsborough with my two older boys at 6.30.

.........just need the lads to provide the perfect punchline to “If Carlsberg did Fridays”.

What a great Friday that sounds...lucky bugger! Enjoy mate, I’m confident the lads will round it off beautifully tonight.

3 - 1 to the Wednesday Wizards!

10 minutes ago, Ibbo48 said:

Got tickets for Eagles tribute band at City Hall tonight before they put it on Sky. Not happy.

I won’t be able to take it easy and I’m seriously hoping it isn’t going to be one of those nights.

Ive got a Peaceful Easy Feeing there won’t be A Heartache Tonight.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A very good afternoon to you all, especially mi'lud who eloquently captures the dilemma of many Wednesdayites - we may hate United most, but L**ds are almost more irritating - while also giving me a good chuckle. Travelling down to this one because I'm a bit barmy, plus I missed both wins last season. Expect a loss tonight then.

Big game this one, after what was probably our best performance of the season last week. If we really want to get excited about the table etc., tonight's the sort of game we need to be winning. Dispatching mid-table teams is one thing, beating the league leaders and media darlings (Bielsa's sheer presence apparently negates the fact that it's still Dirty L**ds and always will be) is quite another.

If we want to do that, we'll have to be near our best. It's a good job that we finally found our top gear last week, else I'd be much more worried. It's going to be very high tempo, it'll be physical and probably fairly bad-tempered. The likes of Pelupessy will be useful tonight, as we need 100% commitment from everyone out there. Will be interesting to see whether Jos sticks or twists - keeping a winning team together is usually a good idea, but it may be a little braver decision than usual with Thorniley and Forestieri back available. Jos is inspiring more and more confidence in me that he's a man who keeps it cool and knows what he's doing, so I'll defer to him.

I'd probably take a point tonight - it would only add to the image of Hillsborough being a tough place to come so far this season. A lot of our younger lads have never played in a local derby before, but I've no reason to doubt that they'll step up to the plate.

Extra-raucous support required tonight, given the noisy pondlife that'll be occupying the Lepp.

COME ON WEDNESDAY!!!!!!

Wednesday 2-2 Leeds

(Saiz 8, 86, Reach 19, Bannan 69)

Edited by Groundhopping Owl

3-1 wednesday. They will take the lead, they will look good, Sky will be very happy with this and go on about how they are going up. Jos will change our system, we will equalise before half time. We will score with 15 minutes to go and make it 2-1. They will send their keeper up for a last minute corner, we will break and score a 3rd into an empty net. Joao scores 1st, Fletch 2nd, Matias 3rd. I know that is a bit vague. lol

17 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

3-1 wednesday. They will take the lead, they will look good, Sky will be very happy with this and go on about how they are going up. Jos will change our system, we will equalise before half time. We will score with 15 minutes to go and make it 2-1. They will send their keeper up for a last minute corner, we will break and score a 3rd into an empty net. Joao scores 1st, Fletch 2nd, Matias 3rd. I know that is a bit vague. lol

Does Matias tap it in with left or right? 

4 hours ago, Leeds U from sheff said:

Every single week.

Dosnt matter who we play in this division.

Home fans all excited, demanding a big turnout and fans be 'up for this one' and desperate to win it.

Just the same as all the rest. 

Must make a nice change after well over a decade of home fans rubbing their hands at the prospect of playing your rabble. Don't worry, I doubt it'll last long.

• Like 1