Wednesday - V - L**ds United (OMDT thingy)

Just now, dewsburyowl58 said:

Blimey !! They totally dominated us we were very very lucky to get a point at home !! 

They dominated possession yes, admittedly, they are a very good build up team. But didn't create many clear cut chances, wasn't sat on the edge of my seat much when they went forward personally. They defo deserved to win, but wouldn't go with we were very very lucky. They are not that good in the final third, infact most of their chances came from mistakes by us. They seem to lack that ruthless forward playmaker. So for me a lot of huff and puff. 

5 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

We’ve just been totally outplayed by a team in the same division and were very fortunate not to get a hiding 

Yes?

We've been totally outplayed by the top of the table. 

With one of the best coaches in the game. 

We haven't been brilliant. 

And we've got a point.

I'm going to go and cry myself to sleep.

4 minutes ago, owls66 said:

For me, Leeds looked a very sluggish and indecisive team. They created very little all game and their goal was offside. 

Great second half by us. They couldn’t contain us and we really should have found a second. Plenty of opportunities to do so.

Leeds will not go up.

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

I always look at the performance. 

L**ds almost guaranteed they'd be one of the best teams in the division when they appointed one of the best coaches in world football. 

They've shown tonight what you get. 

We're in the middle of a rebuild.

We might not have been brilliant. 

But weve done enough to get a point which a month ago no one would have given us a hope of getting. 

Without that goal in a million we would have lost We are wip though , hands up Leeds are a verg good side 

2 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

We’ve just been totally outplayed by a team in the same division and were very fortunate not to get a hiding 

Were you really expecting to see a lot better tonight? We do lack a bit of quality in certain positions but I was pleased with effort and thought there were one or two positives to take from tonight.

1 minute ago, dontCallMeOwlCallYou said:

They dominated possession yes, admittedly, they are a very good build up team. But didn't create many clear cut chances, wasn't sat on the edge of my seat much when they went forward personally. They defo deserved to win, but wouldn't go with we were very very lucky. They are not that good in the final third, infact most of their chances came from mistakes by us. They seem to lack that ruthless forward playmaker. So for me a lot of huff and puff. 

Just glad we don’t play the likes every week , not seen us so scared of the ball in a long time 

3 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Yes?

We've been totally outplayed by the top of the table. 

With one of the best coaches in the game. 

We haven't been brilliant. 

And we've got a point.

I'm going to go and cry myself to sleep.

Haha all I’m trying to say is credit where it’s due they were brilliant for me but didn’t win so that says something about our battling qualities.

Just now, dewsburyowl58 said:

Just glad we don’t play the likes every week , not seen us so scared of the ball in a long time 

Agree there, they were relentless in the middle of the park. Our boys looked shell shocked at times. I do personally feel we lack defensive players who can play the ball well enough at times. We were given a lesson in how to play from the back today. Fortunately for us, they lacked a ruthless streak. 

9 minutes ago, dontCallMeOwlCallYou said:

I think Jos went for the, they won't carve us up in the final third approach. They come across as a hard working team, but alot of that hard work is around midfield, their build up play is fantastic. But they don't have a Bannan or FF type of player you really fear in the final third. We could do with a bit more build up from the back, but we don't have the players to do it atm. 

They didn’t allow our defence any time on the ball so had to resort to hoof ball for much of the game. We certainly need a bit more muscle and energy in the middle of the park when we play them at their place.

2 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

It’s a long season - but at the moment they look head and shoulders the best team in the Division.

But they didnt take their chances. They should have battered us.

West Brom, Boro would have beaten us tonight.

They are my top two prediction.

6 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Without that goal in a million we would have lost We are wip though , hands up Leeds are a verg good side 

An very good side.

And I think we sometimes forget that happens in football... You play teams that are better than you. 

We've done that tonight. ..and still got a point.

I'll take that in the bigger picture of the season. 

Leeds look a very good side. 

If they had a proper striker then they would have won tonight. 

Thankfully, they are somewhat wasteful in front of goal. 

As for us...bar the first 20 minutes, we never really got going. They kept mentioning on Sky that we were switching systems, which suggests we were struggling to get to grips with them. Think we started to panic and lost our way in terms of how to play. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Steve Down South said:

Were you really expecting to see a lot better tonight? We do lack a bit of quality in certain positions but I was pleased with effort and thought there were one or two positives to take from tonight.

Of course we have some top top lads playing tonight.  I was surprised they dominated so much all the same 

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

An very good side.

And I think we sometimes forget that happens in football... You play teams that are better than you. 

We've done that tonight. ..and still got a point.

I'll take that in the bigger picture of the season. 

Absolutely and who knows we might give them a game at their place.