Wednesday - V - L**ds United (OMDT thingy)

7 minutes ago, steveger said:

They look like a far better team than us to be fair 

The media will be w@nking themselves off over Leeds tonight but that was as one-eyed a refereeing performance that I’ve seen. We weren’t able to challenge them at all and that’s why they had all the possession. We knew if we even farted on Leeds the ref was going to blow, yet they could go to town on us. Yes, they were the better team on the night but the ref allowed the freedom to play. We might as well have been locked up in Wentworth.

Edited by Great Big Galaa

Just now, Bluesteel said:

We have been very sloppy in possession. Like the forest game, but this time we scored first. Failing to make key passes, caught in possession at key moments, dead balls cut out (even short ones) and hashed clearances have made it a tiring night.

Nonetheless a point gained and good for the confidence. Will need to be much better at West Brom 

Couldn’t agree more. Sloppy play, from players you’d not expect it from either. Even Bannan struggling to find his man or taking random free kicks backwards, sideways, anywhere other than into box. 

Leeds worked hard in fairness and forced a lot of errors. We won’t play as hard working team as that all season. 

2 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

The media will be w@nking themselves off over Leeds tonight but that was as one-eyed a refereeing performance that I’ve seen. We weren’t able to challenge them at all and that’s why they had all the possession. We knew if we even farted in Leeds the ref was going to blow, yet they could go to town on us. Yes, they were the better team on the night but the ref allowed the freedom to play. We might as well have been locked up in Wentworth.

True, the media love them, they always have sadly...

Wentworth prison you say ?...:biggrin:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTLvuaKfqn_ZM7Cv4h1sKA

Edited by steveger

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI

Very lucky to get a point. Can’t pick on any individuals, most were poor. Felt like we were chasing shadows when they had the ball, and panicking when we had it. Referee gave them a free kick anytime one of our players so much as farted.

Special mention for Penney though. What a player he’s going to be!

Just now, erowl said:

Horrid negative performance

Leeds players chasing the ball for a throw in to us in injury time and all we do is stroll around spunking the ball back to em

Agreed, can't believe they wanted more. Think we needed to switch formation to 4-3-3 though, completely over run in midfield and sat too deep to be able to press high up which is what they did to us. Point gained though.... 

1 minute ago, brando said:

fair result,they were far superior

I defo think they were better. They are very huff and puff tho, they rarely looked dangerous in the final third. Play very intensive football tho, and are the best Leeds side in years. They break brilliantly, we were ok, feel we cannot play the ball well enough at times. But could also have easily won that, we are much more ruthless when we get in the final third, unfortunately, that was few and far between today. Decent game. 

Guest Kagoshimaowl

To be fair, Leeds were far better than us.  Very lucky to get a point, but the battling spirit is there for all to see which is something we haven't had for a very long time.  One thing though, Dawson is awful and I'm sorry but Jos has to bite the bullet on this one.

FT 1-1

I'll take that.  I would  have loved 3 points tonight.  The table looked beautiful at half time.  It wasn't to be.  

Thought we really could have pushed on second half but to no avail.  

Off the performance, leeds were much better than us in terms of effort and possession, but the fact we have matched them, will do me. 

Hard fought point against a highly competitive side.  

Have a nice evening all.

Onwards and upwards,

UTO!! 

• Like 1