Cammy currently best in championship

According to stats he’s been the best so far. Considering all the goals we’ve conceded he must be busy on a weekly basis and tbf can’t keep 100% out. I say well done to the lad 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/footballleagueworld.co.uk/sheffield-wednesday-star-swansea-city-ace-the-best-goalkeepers-in-the-championship-so-far-this-season/amp/

3 minutes ago, striker said:

Not great reading for our defence, the amount of work he has to do, but a huge positive of this season so far has been Dawson's development.

Done very well, still work to do but looking like a very good GK.

Yeah, when you factor in goals conceded as well we're allowing the opposition an average of 5 shots on target per game. Definitely need a good keeper with those stats. 

Great to see - the lads got a bright future ahead! 

Worrying for the prevention aspect though - everyone in front of him needs to be doing more to stop teams getting in to these positions! Shame Hutchinson can’t get fit or not be suspended as I still think he’d be an asset in CM! 

Great, but unfortunately, not 'news'. More  like 'Olds' It was the same with Westwood, How many times did he save us room defeat with sueb saves and performances.  That a Keeper has to be the star every week says little for the defence. In any well-drilled side, the Goalkeeper should be more of an onlooker, and there on the few occasions that the defence is penetrated. Still, well done Cameron.

Very happy for cammy but the article is based on saved so the most worked keeper not necessarily the best keeper, I also feel for Wildsmith he did great for us last season and all this sitting and watch Cammy play cannot be good for his development, he does even get game time for the under 23's.

If Westwood is not to be sold or loaned out and not first choice would it not be better for the team and the club and the players to get Wildsmith out on loan to league 1 or 2 come January for half a season so he can play week in week out and get 20+ games under his belt. As this sitting on the bench every week when the guy in front of him has not kept a clean sheet all season cannot be doing a lot for his confidence. 

I would say that the other 10 players on the pitch are equally to blame for the number of saves he has to make.

From not holding the ball up, then keeping retention of the ball up front, to emptying Midfield and leaving the back 4/5 exposed - and equally poor closing down of crosses from the full backs and or Centre Halfs.

You defend as a team, but on the plus side you also attack as one - trying to improve the two things, without detriment to one or other, is the difficult bit.

38 minutes ago, torres said:

Can't we just call him Dawson?

Cameron at a push I can just about put up with

But Cammy . . .vomit inducing 

It's even worse than Fessi!

It's something the pigs would do

But what if that's what he is known as day to day?

Like someone called Daniel being known as Danny...

Jos says it a lot, which suggests that's what he's called by his peers. I don't think it's a fan-given nickname like Fessi.