What Team would YOU play ?

1 hour ago, Ash77 said:

Dawson

Onomah? Lees  hector penney

Bannan Joey  reach

ff         matias

Joao

Struggled with 3 cbs at start of season and not convinced its best for us despite 1 good show, but something like this gets the best players on the park when we're expected to dictate play.

If palmer not playing not sure if onomah could do a job at rb/rwb as baker not ready yet imo

That famous right back Josh Onomah

1 hour ago, James1986 said:

Good old Westwood in your 11. Let him go mate! Hes a gonner!

Still bes keeper in the league - the funny thing is was he at any of the other 23 teams in the league would be first choice.

We are paying him £20,000+ a week to watch games from the stands - you can kind of see why we are losing £20M+ a season can't you.

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

You wont get consensus dropping Reach for Hutch, Joey for Onomah and Fletcher for Forestieri.

Nor for picking Hutch as RW ish.

Same team as Villa. Possibly Palmer for Baker if he’s kissed and made up with Jos.

What an odd line. This is Owlstalk, whose to decide what the consensus is? If there even is one? Which for most issues, there isn't.

You mean that YOU don't agree. Stop thinking somehow that your opinion represents the consensus.

This thread shows that there are a variety of opinions, start Onomah, don't start Onomah, start FF, start FF on the bench.

Edited by zzmdu

5 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Still bes keeper in the league - the funny thing is was he at any of the other 23 teams in the league would be first choice.

We are paying him £20,000+ a week to watch games from the stands - you can kind of see why we are losing £20M+ a season can't you.

And yet no one wanted him lol 

6 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

What an odd line. This is Owlstalk, whose to decide what the consensus is? If there even is one? Which for most issues, there isn't.

You mean that YOU don't agree. Stop thinking somehow that your opinion represents the consensus.

This thread shows that there are a variety of opinions, start Onomah, don't start Onomah, start FF, start FF on the bench.

I think you need to re-read the OP.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Ok so after a good win and performance at Villa we should keep the same team against top of the table Leeds.

But there has seemed to be a lot of diversity of opinion as to who should play on here and the formation. So the question I'm asking is not taking into account the long term injured (Lee Hooper Winnall etc) what team would you pick going forward and in what formation.... just to see if we can get a general consensus ?

MIne would be 343:

Dawson

Hector Lees Thornley

Hutchinson (c) Onomah Bannan Penney

Matias Joao Forestieri

spot on with hutch captain,team looks pretty good also

Just now, Holmowl said:

I think you need to re-read the OP.

Yes, you're a right, it does lead us to try and find a General Consensus, odd because especially with regards to team selection, there is never going to be a consensus.

Even with an issue such as stripes/no stripes, it's difficult to establish any consensus.

I agree with you HolmOwl, we're both really mad with the OP.

lol

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Ok so after a good win and performance at Villa we should keep the same team against top of the table Leeds.

But there has seemed to be a lot of diversity of opinion as to who should play on here and the formation. So the question I'm asking is not taking into account the long term injured (Lee Hooper Winnall etc) what team would you pick going forward and in what formation.... just to see if we can get a general consensus ?

MIne would be 343:

Dawson

Hector Lees Thornley

Hutchinson (c) Onomah Bannan Penney

Matias Joao Forestieri

I can only assume you were not at Villa Park on Saturday or are just on the wind up..

why change the team from Saturday?

23 minutes ago, room0035 said:

He ain’t the best keeper in the Championship by a long way ...

if he was he would have gone on loan...

3 hours ago, BRADDO said:

I doubt Jos will be dropping Pelupessy. He really showed his value at Villa. The key decision will be to keep the back 3 or revert back to a four. Personally, I'd keep the same tea and formation. 

Nor will he be dropping Reach after the performance at Villa.

Unchanged team for me unless there are injuries we are not aware of.

2 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

I reckon it’s curtains for Hutch, Joey is doing the same role arguably better and don’t think has been injured once in the eight months he’s been here 

Agree JP plays the break up play role as did hutch but without the Kamikaze tendencies. Not appreciated by many on here but most successful teams have a spoiler. Think recent criticism harsh as definitely makes a big difference when he plays.

Edited by grandpaowl
Because I care about punctuation and spelling

I think what we played on Saturday is good away day formation. Leeds apparently same home and away so may work. Only possible change from last Saturday bring in Thorniley for Pudil. I just think Pudil always plays well first game back after absence and then goes off boil and JT has been excellent in games played.

However if stayed with exact same team fine by me as none deserved to be dropped. 

Friday will be interesting.

Weeks rest after a very good performance and we cannot even be sure what the formation will be.

Does Jos swap between 3 or 4 based on the opposition, players he has available or our previous performance. I have no idea therefore no idea what we will play Friday but it should be what Jos thinks is his best team.

I have a sneaky feeling he brought Hector in and went 3 to help combat Kodija and Abrahams but it worked so well he might stick with it, or he might not.

Jos keeps saying he is only interested in the future, not the past. Doesn’t bode well for Westwood or Hutch, Hooper will have to prove himself all over again and FF will be on the bench against Leeds with probably a start against WBA if he behaves himself 

Westwood

lees Hector thorniley 

onomah pelupessy bannan penny

joao fletcher Forestieri 

Or depending on how they return 

Westwood 

lees Hector thorniley 

onomah Lee bannan penny ( maybe too weak) 

hooper

fletcher Forestieri 

Edited by fpowl

The only changes I would consider is Palmer for Baker at right back , and go 4-2-3-1 with Pudil dropping out , but the same team wouldn’t suprise me and would be happy with that, need to wait  until tomorrow for the presser to see who’s fit .

Dawson

Palmer

Lees

Hector

Penney

Joey

Bazza

Matias

Reach

Joao

Fletcher

Subs: FF, Onomoah, Thorniley,Hooper,Wildsmith,Nuihu,Hutch

Then slight rotation on wed with maybe thorniley,FF, Onomah playing !

Jos has got some squad now players are back!!