The club is listening and acting

3 hours ago, SiJ said:

Not entirely. 

Foreign students for example. Dare I say some might take an interest in Wednesday as their 2nd team. 

Better to try than to not bother as you advocate. 

I went to University of (the clever one) and plenty of people began to go regularly when tempted. Especially bear in mind Sheffield has one of the highest % of students staying in the city after study.

United’s courtship of the Chinese will mean the large Chinese population attend there. 

18 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

I went to University of (the clever one) and plenty of people began to go regularly when tempted. Especially bear in mind Sheffield has one of the highest % of students staying in the city after study.

United’s courtship of the Chinese will mean the large Chinese population attend there. 

This absolutely. 

Students who like football but are away from home may adopt a second club at the right price. 

Sheffield tends to retain students. 

Overseas students want to experience local events. 

Students are generally are open to new experiences. 

26 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

4 minutes ago, Rev Owl said:

This absolutely. 

Students who like football but are away from home may adopt a second club at the right price. 

Sheffield tends to retain students. 

Overseas students want to experience local events. 

Students are generally are open to new experiences. 

This. 

Feck, even if they are Man U "fans", if they're willing to pump in a few quid to watch a Wednesday game every once in a while then it can't be a bad thing. 

How anyone can be critical of the club for doing this today is beyond me. 

5 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

Is it bllx..at that age your loyalty is more or less set

I've known of a few students come here from around the country and Wednesday have become their 2nd team because of it.

Not everyone would of course but if you're a 100 odd miles away from home you might not be able to make it back for games.

Wonder by how much Sheffields population rises each year with loads of the 60k students apparently stopping on ?

Why not try and entice Wednesdayites back in to the fold for bigger games where there is actually something to play for rather than throw em titbits for  non attractive mid table games ?

12 hours ago, SiJ said:

Not entirely. 

Foreign students for example. Dare I say some might take an interest in Wednesday as their 2nd team. 

Better to try than to not bother as you advocate. 

I've no grouse about advocating it,I simply think to fill 15,000 empty seats you have to expand it beyond what is mainly a transient fan base , the more the merrier for me ,but spread the love more

18 hours ago, Albertowl said:

I genuinely have no idea what this means??

The Student union do cheap tickets but SWFC's marketing dept are so poor that they very rarely manage to get the tickets from them (so it's a bit of a gamble if the student union has any - you basically have to chance it).

IF they have any, they don't ask for any student ID so you can buy them no problem BUT you may get ID on the turnstyles.

There is a loophole to get a proper student card even if you arent a student but i'll leave you to find that out by googling it

18 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

Good Idea SWFC. Generate fans to the ground. Right approach, Now need right pricing.

Agree completely we have had a few good ideas over the last few months the thing that has let everyone of them down is the london pricing.

The 6 game package a good idea but at £25 a game not £35, more students in the 10,000+ empty seats a good idea but if its £25+ a game they simply wont go when they can go to the games in the city centre for £17.

the next home game after Leeds is West Brom student tickets for none member start at £33 for the kop realistically can you see any new to Owls students taking up this price, compare that to Sheff United next next home game verses Stoke its £17 for students or 2 for 1 when compared to us and Sheff Utd offer a £2 discount if you pay for your ticket early where as we charge fan a £2 booking fee for getting tickets in advance.

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2018/september/ticket-details-owls-v-west-brom/

https://www.sufc.co.uk/news/2018/september/blades-v-stoke-tickets/

If we are trying to get students into the stands we need to be competitive with our competition and like it or not that is Sheff Utd and currently they are blowing us out of the water on he main thing a student loves price. 

• Like 1

On 26/09/2018 at 18:31, SiJ said:

Why would it only last three months? 

It's perfectly conceivable that some students will start supporting Wednesday or perhaps take an interest on a casual basis. 

Talk about moaning for the sake of moaning. 

I used to bring loads of uni mates to Wednesday matches in the nineties when it was the cost of a few beers to attend. Weirdly most were Everton fans but all have a soft spot for us still. 

Edited by modboy

On 26/09/2018 at 22:45, SiJ said:

This. 

Feck, even if they are Man U "fans", if they're willing to pump in a few quid to watch a Wednesday game every once in a while then it can't be a bad thing. 

How anyone can be critical of the club for doing this today is beyond me. 

There is no mention of getting students to "watch" games ... Thought this was just to work for the club?