The club is listening and acting

1 hour ago, Hack-Abusi said:

My only gripe with this is that there is no mention of getting students to the club watching and supporting.. more about probably getting cheap labour through stewarding and in the club shop?

...Students reading maths only need apply.

lol

2 hours ago, Bassett's Allsorts said:

Do it every year during freshers' week.

The issue is that United will also have a stand and will probably be selling the same product but cheaper. 

Yes but majority of people from outside area know that we are bigger and better. :cool:

4 hours ago, room0035 said:

Has anyone told the other larger university in the City is Sheffield University and more often that not that the posher student aka have more money.

I suppose its a start.

Back in the 90's they offered a seat, and a tram ticket to get to the game for about £20 and we used to get a few thousand extra at games, I know a few that are now Owls because of this. This whole thing though will live and die on the cost of the tickets if DC uses his usual policies it won't even get off the ground.

Between 2000 to 2004 I had a free student membership that got me into games on the North for £12. Even with the price hikes, it seems to me they can match that £20 in 2018.

Curious to know how many students that are football fans would come to matches.

If they are football fans they probably have their own clubs they follow so why would they come to us? If we are in the premiership then they may come as a neutral to watch the bigger clubs but Owls v Baggies cant be that big a draw to a neutral.

6 minutes ago, clud17 said:

Curious to know how many students that are football fans would come to matches.

If they are football fans they probably have their own clubs they follow so why would they come to us? If we are in the premiership then they may come as a neutral to watch the bigger clubs but Owls v Baggies cant be that big a draw to a neutral.

Wednesday average 23 university student fans per match.  

3 hours ago, Hack-Abusi said:

My only gripe with this is that there is no mention of getting students to the club watching and supporting.. more about probably getting cheap labour through stewarding and in the club shop?

Both Sheffield clubs used to give preference to those of the opposite flavour, on the basis that they were more likely to watch the supporters than the game, I know this to be correct as my son was interviewed at bluntsville and was set on after confirming that he was an Owl.

27 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Excellent!..Lets build a fanbase that will last 3 months...Its how f.ookin' Empires are built.....that last 3 months.....

Why would it only last three months? 

It's perfectly conceivable that some students will start supporting Wednesday or perhaps take an interest on a casual basis. 

Talk about moaning for the sake of moaning. 

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

Why would it only last three months? 

It's perfectly conceivable that some students will start supporting Wednesday or perhaps take an interest on a casual basis. 

Talk about moaning for the sake of moaning. 

Is it bllx..at that age your loyalty is more or less set

36 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Is it bllx..at that age your loyalty is more or less set

Not entirely. 

Foreign students for example. Dare I say some might take an interest in Wednesday as their 2nd team. 

Better to try than to not bother as you advocate. 

8 hours ago, room0035 said:

Has anyone told the other larger university in the City is Sheffield University and more often that not that the posher student aka have more money.

I suppose its a start.

Back in the 90's they offered a seat, and a tram ticket to get to the game for about £20 and we used to get a few thousand extra at games, I know a few that are now Owls because of this. This whole thing though will live and die on the cost of the tickets if DC uses his usual policies it won't even get off the ground.

Hallam has a student population of approx 33k. Sheff Uni approx 27k