Sign in to follow this  
flash

Gary Cahill Linked

29 minutes ago, Liam said:

5 pages on this thread and nobody has picked up on the fact that this article is from the sun newspaper. Which absolutely, definitely, 100% means it’s a load of b*ll*ck$

The Sun got their info from Owlstalk...FACT.

https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/topic/276364-gary-cahill/?tab=comments#comment-8313382

I did notice that Steve Bruce was at Anfield tonight.. he might have been there to watch Cahill who was playing at centre half.. nice to Liverpool get beat,,,,,

Cahill was captain tonight. 

I cant see him leaving a Prem winning team to join us unless we’re top 2 & cruising 

:CEO:

8 hours ago, optimisticowl said:

We’ve stepped into this market before, Chris Waddle, Viv Anderson, Mark Bright, Andy Hinchcliffe to name a few, it’s a lottery and can only be assessed after signing a top player nearing the end of his career, you put your coin in and pull the handle, he ain’t going to be cheap. :carlos:

I tell you what - I never knew bright was 30+ when we signed him.

That the guy has actually played for Sheffield United in the past suggests to me that he ain’t as big a Wednesday fan as some on here are suggesting. Plus- wages....

Not happening in a million years 

20 minutes ago, robswfc said:

That the guy has actually played for Sheffield United in the past suggests to me that he ain’t as big a Wednesday fan as some on here are suggesting. Plus- wages....

Not happening in a million years 

Or maybe he didn't want to throw away a chance of becoming a professional footballer by being petty.

I know that if given the chance, I'd take any opportunity to be a pro, even if that meant playing for the Blades for my whole 20 year career.

4 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Or maybe he didn't want to throw away a chance of becoming a professional footballer by being petty.

I know that if given the chance, I'd take any opportunity to be a pro, even if that meant playing for the Blades for my whole 20 year career.

Pig

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Cheshowl said:

Pig

No far from it.

You'd be daft to throw away a career like that because you didn't want to play for your rivals.

5 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

No far from it.

You'd be daft to throw away a career like that because you didn't want to play for your rivals.

Not a real true fan then. I'd sell my missus to the gypsies before I played for them. I'd lose a testi, shave my head and have my name changed by depol first. 

Edited by Cheshowl

1 minute ago, Cheshowl said:

Not a real true fan then. I'd sell my missus to the gypsies before I played for them. I'd lose a ball, shave my head and have my name changed by depol first. 

You're telling me that if someone offered you a professional football career at 18, but it was at United, you said nah you're alreyt mate.

You're a flipping idiot pal.

40 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

He was 21/22, had already been professional at Villa for 3 years and spent a season on loan at Burnley. Not an academy graduate looking for his first pro deal. Pretty sure there would have been other offers on the table

6 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Mysteriously score own goals most matches and accidentally tackle your own players. I am with you. :tango:

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Cheshowl said:

Not a real true fan then. I'd sell my missus to the gypsies before I played for them. I'd lose a testi, shave my head and have my name changed by depol first. 

Let all  guess the name change 

I'll start it off with 

"Eddie Fùckwit"...

lol

• Haha 2

I’m guessing he’d change it to 

MongMong Goolagong

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, robswfc said:

He was 21/22, had already been professional at Villa for 3 years and spent a season on loan at Burnley. Not an academy graduate looking for his first pro deal. Pretty sure there would have been other offers on the table

That also gave him chance to be home around friends and family?

11 hours ago, roaminowl said:

11 hours ago, roaminowl said:

Probably the only source less reliable than the sun!!!

3 hours ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Let all  guess the name change 

I'll start it off with 

"Eddie Fùckwit"...

lol

0039df26214063d615d0d9b4aa7aa330.gif

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

You're telling me that if someone offered you a professional football career at 18, but it was at United, you said nah you're alreyt mate.

You're a flipping idiot pal.

Thought the losing a testi part and selling my missus made it obvious it was a joke. lol

2 minutes ago, Bottler Owl said:

Jos has pretty much kiboshed this one.

Yup

#swfc boss JL says there is no truth to newspaper reports linking Gary Cahill with a move to the club. Adding that under him The Owls will prioritise signing players who are 19-23 years old.