Gary Cahill Linked

flash

Crazy that this thread lives alongside two slated ticket prices and so many advocating trying to sign a player who’s on circa 100k per week. 

I’m so glad some of our supporters aren’t in charge of our finances. Already over spending,  reading to strip out 10m in costs, likely means top players like Westwood, Hooper, etc will be let go.... but maybe we’ve got another 10m down back of the couch to sign and pay for a 33 year old to play in the position of Thornely. 

1 minute ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Can't seriously believe that some on here are saying we shouldn't sign him if given the chance!

Lunacy.

Out of interest where would you find an extra 5-10m to fund this? Or 15-20m as we already have a cost cutting exercise underway. 

If if you can only spend or make losses of 13m a season is a player with zero resale value currently on excess of 100k per week really that sensible? 

5 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Out of interest where would you find an extra 5-10m to fund this? Or 15-20m as we already have a cost cutting exercise underway. 

If if you can only spend or make losses of 13m a season is a player with zero resale value currently on excess of 100k per week really that sensible? 

If he came to us mate it's be a loan til end of season.

His contract is up and Chelsea aren't gonna be bothered about the 2m they could receive for him elsewhere.

4 hours ago, Philb125 said:

Top post, on Gary’s current salary you could recontract Penney, Thornley, Dawson, Wildsmith, Preston, Matias, Palmer and A few more.... even if he wanted to play for free it moves from being a financial cost to one of a development cost as it restricts Thornley’s minutes. 

At beginning ings of season he wanted to stay and fight for his spot at Chelsea so I’d guess he won’t fancy dropping too low in January, lazy journalists for me! 

Not sure I would want to spend big on one particular player - it doesnt seem to work. Would rather build a strong 'team' than one strong 'area'.

Not sure I would be looking to extend Palmers contract. Not young anymore, we should be looking to bring someone in who is better and use Baker as back up.

1 minute ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

If he came to us mate it's be a loan til end of season.

His contract is up and Chelsea aren't gonna be bothered about the 2m they could receive for him elsewhere.

He earns north of 100K per week, to subsidise that its circa £10 extra per home game per fan. I'm sure the 'it costs too much threads' wouldnt mind £39 per game becoming £49 or season tickets going up by £230 to subsidise Gary's home coming....And lets say he'd do it for 50% thats still $5 per game extra per fan... simple math makes this a non starter! 

he’s still a great player. I know he’s not getting game time st CFC but that’s because they have so many great players available. They’re right at the top of the Prem and I think they’ll finish top 2. 

GC is older and possibly had slowed down a bit, but he can still cut it with the top clubs. 

Mad much as I’d like someone like him in our team, he’ll cost a lot, and just see out his career somewhere, like Terry wanting a big payday to see off his final season(s)

As I said before, chealsea ar loaded up with abramovic money and all the Prem and TV deals money. If they want to get rid of cahill they will want to put him in the shop window and playing games, so to speak as more chance of someone signing him and being loaded they can probably pay his weekly wages as they'll have to do even if he's not playing for them. If there been smart to they put a recall clause in, so if they have an injury crisis they can bring him back fit and sharp still, so a non fee loan deal somewhere is not out of question, with maybe just wanting the loaning club to stump up for the playing bonuses. 

Edited by shezzas left peg

34 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

He earns north of 100K per week, to subsidise that its circa £10 extra per home game per fan. I'm sure the 'it costs too much threads' wouldnt mind £39 per game becoming £49 or season tickets going up by £230 to subsidise Gary's home coming....And lets say he'd do it for 50% thats still $5 per game extra per fan... simple math makes this a non starter! 

Torres and his gang of  #Uberfans will pay his wages no problem ...

lol

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST
  • Haha 3