Gary Cahill Linked

flash

Still a quality player who rarely seems to be injured. I think he could be the leader/captain we are short of and our youngsters would almost certainly benefit from his knowledge in training/development, though i would hope if he did come here that it wouldn't also hinder the youngsters game time? 

Tough one but he's got too much quality for us to not get him if the figures add up and he really wants to be here.

The wages and ffp are the biggest issue here though.

Edited by full fathom five

9 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

So at beginning of season when we were staring at ffp and embargo owlstalk was almost in complete agreement that our policy of buying / signing players at end of their career, with little to no resale value and would demand above average salaries was the cause of our worries and now, three months in this is a great idea!?! 

Im not sure if it’s the romance of Gary being an owl or shortsightedness or maybe we are gluttons for punishment. 

Interesting though to to see all the support of signing a 33 year old that’s on in excess of 100k at the moment in a time where we have to strip back more than 10m of losses to avoid an embargo or points deduction next season. 

This ^^^^^^^^^^^

I think it’s a non starter for so many reasons

He’s a very good player, but unless he played for peanuts, I just don’t see it.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

1 minute ago, pride_of_the_road said:

This thread is on par with Jags signing for dem blades:picnic:

I hear what you are saying and i suppose it's more a case of as Wednesdayites both us and him, he's a player we've always wished had played for us.

Mind you we all wished that Jordan Rhodes had played for us and that didn't go well.

Suppose it's just the romanticism of the game (though that's one of the reasons we love football ) though we rarely see the happy ending. 

Maybe he wants to play for Wednesday more than to stay in the premier league.

Only likely to happen if we are challenging for promotion in Jan and we can offer a promotion bonus to subsidise smaller wages 

The dream would be getting promoted and Cahill and Vardy wanting to play for us in that first season back. Key word being dream 

Not a massive difference between top of Championship and bottom of Premiership - it’d have to weighted in such a way so as both parties are financially covered. Short term loan option with a view to permanent if promoted or free agent if not. Who knows? Stranger things have happened in football.