Genuine Top 6 Contenders or An Easy Start?

Guest Bulgaria

Before the villa game I would have said easy start.

After watching the villa game and seeing what we are capable of, I would say a decent chance of top 6.

Whatever it is, I just love the championship. So unpredictable, how sport should be 

Some of the teams we have played are where they are partly because we beat them.

We have had a mixed start and we are not far off.

The key is consistency. Keep getting results. That is the hard part.

Cardiff last year looked a bit of a mediocre team but they kept getting results.

We can beat anyone but we have been known to lose to anyone.

Top six is not out of the question by any means but we need to be consistently grinding out results.

2 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

Some of the teams we have played are where they are partly because we beat them.

Cardiff last year looked a bit of a mediocre team but they kept getting results.

Top six is not out of the question by any means but we need to be consistently grinding out results.

'Some of the teams we have played are where they are partly because we beat them.' Thank the lord someone has said this. So early in the season its fairly obvious that teams we've beaten are below us. 

3 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

Cardiff are a great example as they started off well and just kept going, people said it couldn’t last but somehow it did. 

1 minute ago, Watson said:

When the doomsayers have they're way and convince everyone Wednesday are doomed.  You know that al knowing moaning git sat behind you?  That's him that is.

I'd be very wary of anyone "moaning" behind me at the game nowadays. Especially if he's got baggy shorts.

• Haha 8

After our next 3 games; Leeds; WBA & Bristol, our 'easy start' is no more. The average LP of our opponents becomes  exactly 12.5.

0-3 points & we'll head towards 14 (where most thought we'd be)

4-5 should keep us where we are

6+ should see us in the top 6

Either way; we'll get a better indication.

• Haha 1

We are a pleasant, developing mid table team with a solid coach doing a solid job. It is going to be a very relaxing season this one. We won’t ever look like going up or going down. Bit like the third laws season. We will win one then lose one. But each game we will be getting more miles on the clock of a young squad and that will mean next season we might get close again. 

We have at least 3 players coming back from either injury or suspension who would walk into the vast majority of Championship teams. Given Jos's propensity to get the best out of previously under performing fringe players/ignored youngsters just imagine the team we will have should he replicate his magic with these 3 returning stars. I'm telling you, we are going up. Success in this league is all about the manager. You only have to look at Cardiff last season. We've got the man to do it this season.

Edited by Almat
  • Like 1