Jump to content
A12owl

Ticket sales for Leeds match.

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, Watto said:

Fans are buying season tickets ( like myself) because if they don't they are priced out , so it makes sense even at £455 on the North stand , no alternative !

On my reckoning that's £19.78 per game. A bargain price. What's the cost of potg or non season ticket price for North stand ?

Would guess it's £35 ish.

At that price potg's ( I know there arnt any for Leeds game)  are going to be a lot less than if they were £22. Still not at ST level but I would guess the extra fans would be considerable. Presumably it would be the same in other parts of ground. 

Big matches need big attendances for best atmosphere and best possibility of getting a win. The crowd would be the twelfth man.

Mr Chansiri and his advisors don't seem to get the message. 

Extra tickets plus add ons would be considerable imo . 

 

  • Agree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Watto said:

Fans are buying season tickets ( like myself) because if they don't they are priced out , so it makes sense even at £455 on the North stand , no alternative !

So as a club we are getting punters to commit to more games, pay in advance and hopefully come to more games to get their money’s worth? 

 

Seems a great scheme, backed by increased average attendances. Really makes me question the posts on here stating he’s not a very good businessman or lacks acumen? 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not many teams would charge £25 or less for a derby game against a rival, I think £30 for the cheapest adult ticket would be acceptable, £39 seems too expensive mind 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you attend most home matches the decision to buy a season ticket is easy as there is no realistic alternative. It’s the thousands of other occasional/part time/ casual fans that the club is currently failing to attract in any significant numbers. Remember these are the fans who could occasionally turn a 25000 gate into a 30000+ gate (and in years gone by 40000+). The club obviously has to look after the season ticket holders first but can they really afford to disregard the large potential support that can’t or don’t want to attend regularly?

  • Agree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is disappointing in a way, I mean should be capable of 25k + home fans but it is what it is.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Watto said:

Fans are buying season tickets ( like myself) because if they don't they are priced out , so it makes sense even at £455 on the North stand , no alternative !

 

You're right. 

I think also that if POTG came down, less season tickets would renew, and people would pick and choose cos its more affordable. 

Then even less revenue is taken. 

We're in a complete vicious cycle with this ridiculous ticket pricing and structure. 

Only a new owner can break this cycle. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, owlZfan84 said:

 

Take the 4,600 from Leeds out of the equation

Now take 21k ST holders out of the equation

Not too many walk up really.

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Andoverowl said:

Take the 4,600 from Leeds out of the equation

Now take 21k ST holders out of the equation

Not too many walk up really.

 

Hardly surprising at those prices. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Andoverowl said:

Take the 4,600 from Leeds out of the equation

Now take 21k ST holders out of the equation

Not too many walk up really.

 

I thought Chansiri said other week that season ticket numbers were down on last season, 19k I think was mentioned.

  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

27,000 at these prices exceeds the income from 30,000 at prices people would probably find reasonable. And our policing costs etc will be less. 

 

These prices are are driven by the need for income right now, not the long term sustainability of the club. 

 

Said before that these prices will come under great scrutiny in March when 1000’s of 3 year deals come up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, vulva said:

27,000 at these prices exceeds the income from 30,000 at prices people would probably find reasonable. And our policing costs etc will be less. 

 

These prices are are driven by the need for income right now, not the long term sustainability of the club. 

 

Said before that these prices will come under great scrutiny in March when 1000’s of 3 year deals come up. 

 

Wouldn't surprise me if they offered the same deal. Hope so anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought I'd treat myself to going to the match on Friday until I saw the prices.

If the club are getting tv money from sky why not offer reductions to fill the stadium and generate a better atmosphere and enhance our chances of winning? plus the food and megastore spend would get a boost too.

Purely because of the price I'll go to my local watch the match with a few pints, have a curry and still be £25 to the good.

It saddens me to say it, I would obviously much rather go to the game but I refuse to be blatantly shafted with these prices.

I suspect I'm not alone.

 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Philb125 said:

So as a club we are getting punters to commit to more games, pay in advance and hopefully come to more games to get their money’s worth? 

 

Seems a great scheme, backed by increased average attendances. Really makes me question the posts on here stating he’s not a very good businessman or lacks acumen? 

 

 

But there could be so much more with a better potg prices

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I bought an extra one today at the princely sum of £10, bargain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Disgusting prices for POTG tickets....people either cant afford them or don't like being ripped off and will stay away.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A point I don't think has been mentioned.

Why no pay on the gate for this match? 

There may be some who would make a last minute decision to go. 

Seems more deterents from attending than encouragement. 

I suppose the administrators (no pun intended) at the club will have a reason or six. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, A12owl said:

A point I don't think has been mentioned.

Why no pay on the gate for this match? 

There may be some who would make a last minute decision to go. 

Seems more deterents from attending than encouragement. 

I suppose the administrators (no pun intended) at the club will have a reason or six. 

Presumably to stop Leeds fans buying in the home sections

 

I guess this is done under police advice

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, oldowl67 said:

It almost seems as if  some defenders of the current pricing policy actually despise the casual fans that don’t attend every home game. As previous posters have said there are many varied  reasons why fans don’t attend regularly, price being just one. I’m fairly certain though that the current POTG pricing is doing a good job of discouraging many from going to the games they can or might choose to attend.

Don’t think they despise the fans, think it’s more a case that they don’t want to admit that our chairman hasn’t got a clue. 

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, owls maniac said:

Don’t think they despise the fans, think it’s more a case that they don’t want to admit that our chairman hasn’t got a clue. 

 

Alternatively like me, they believed prices were too high after reading threads that kept saying thousands were being deterred by high prices but on looking at average attendance figures saw that chansiri years have increased the attendance figures drastically. 

 

Prices higher, attendances higher, confused. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, A12owl said:

A point I don't think has been mentioned.

Why no pay on the gate for this match? 

There may be some who would make a last minute decision to go. 

Seems more deterents from attending than encouragement. 

I suppose the administrators (no pun intended) at the club will have a reason or six. 

Police instructions....... but feel free to slag the club for no reason at all.

Edited by casbahowl
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...