Bruce Grobelaar

I went to a reserve game, not sure why because I never do reserve games.

Don't know who the opponents were but we had Grobbelaar in goal, and they had Southall.   

I know in the grand scheme of things it means nothing, but I remember it well.   Ok, as well as I can when I can't remember why I went or who the opponents were!

I think it was a return to fitness game for one of our players at the time, but not sure who - it was very well attended.

I played in goal a bit as a kid and Brucie was one of the players you would pretend to be. (Wobbly legs at penalties etc). I only saw him once at Hillsborough and went to the game really looking forward to some great keeping and if possible a bit of eccentricity...... Wednesday won 3-1 we hammered'em to be fair in a real professional performance. Chris Woods was the only great keeper that day. 

44 minutes ago, Grassy knoll said:

Can’t remember the score,so won’t have been 7-1,and can’t remember that chant but i do remember a you’re sh*t and you stink of fish. I think the game was midweek 

It was a Saturday cup game. They came armed with inflatable haddocks. Our players destroyed them and towards the end started rotation positions to add to the p-take. 

4 hours ago, lukestheman82 said:

It was indeed Chesham. I saw him play there against Aldershot Town, he must have been late 40s and still ridiculously good, we could have played all night and he wouldn't have conceded.

Strange. In the match I went to at Bromley, I thought he was rubbish - he didn't dive and looked totally disinterested. Was talking to himself a lot during the game, mostly praising his opposite number. Took all the banter well though...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

yeah
He played in our reserves and I saw him concede one of the weakest goals I've ever seen at Hillsborough

Was an absolute joke of a goal

But yeah I remember him here

same, was amusing to see him here warming up etc as always a bit of a joke figure in football