Biased pundits etc

41 minutes ago, Lomas613 said:

Why is it that Bannan smashes that goal against Millwall and yehrr he wins goal of month etc and people did say it was good but why now Villa player scored IDENTICAL goal does everyone seem to be going wild over it sky sports just now saying I’ve never seen a goal as good etc all news snippets I’ve seen going on and on about it.

is it cause it’s against us or summat??? People never seem to react the same with us as they do others or am I imagining things ??

Better technique and more spectacular as it smashes off the bar.

Deflected though which possibly took it away from Dawson...

It was an amazing strike and I feel privileged to have been there to see it in the flesh. Although I'm probably only saying that because we still won! 

I'm struggling to think of a better goal that I've ever seen scored against us, and I've been going for almost 38 years. 

2 minutes ago, slinger208b said:

There was a camera view from behind the goal that showed it was pushed up off a shoulder...

The only thing the ball touched after it left his foot was the underside of the bar. 

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/11505514/mcginn-scores-wonder-goal

Edited by Vaughan

I thought that it was a crappy goal... a complete fluke.

He’d lost his balance and was flailing around trying to stay on his feet when the ball ( that he wasn’t even looking at) ricocheted into the top corner off his shin.

Let nobody accuse me of buying biased or deluded.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

The only thing the ball touched after it left his foot was the underside of the bar. 

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/11505514/mcginn-scores-wonder-goal

if you watch the view from behind near the end (00:32), which is the one i focused on, the ball flicks up just after it passes Bannan like it took a nick but it obviously doesn't as demonstrated by other views.

Might've caught an air pocket or summat...

Edited by slinger208b
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

All the ‘counted for nothing’ Merchants don’t realise how bitter and petty it makes them look

it was a world class goal of the highest order

I agree it was a fantastic goal

BUT and this isn't being bitter or petty, unless they go up (or survive) by the odd goal, in terms of the team it really did count for nothing

Just now, OWL1969 said:

I agree it was a fantastic goal

BUT and this isn't being bitter or petty, unless they go up (or survive) by the odd goal, in terms of the team it really did count for nothing

So what?

It's irrelevant - completely

Even pointing it out begs the question 'why would you even want to point that out?'

Owlstalk Shop

It was a great goal and in no way were they biased. The bbc team annoyed me slightly though when we went 2-1 up and they then spent 3+ minutes talking about what a good squad villa had and if it would put pressure on Bruce. The word Wednesday didn’t even get mentioned other than to say we scored.

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

So what?

It's irrelevant - completely

Even pointing it out begs the question 'why would you even want to point that out?'

Because you said "all the counted for nothing merchants don't realise how petty and bitter it makes them look" which isn't true.

I'm not at all bitter, fantastic goal if it's not goal of the season I look forward to seeing what beats it.

But it is true in terms of the outcome of the game it counted for nothing.

Or as you may put it was irrelevant - completely.