Holte End

10 hours ago, Pulsar said:

As we were walking back to our car there was a group of fairly balanced Villa fans having a go at their team then one said "we just didn't have the pace or attacking threat that Wednesday had"

It was really pleasant to hear and of course the lad was correct today.

Fletcher & Nuihu more pace than Abrahams and Bolasie!  On todays performance more attacking threat definately but pace - never in a million years

11 hours ago, stevewhiterose said:

Was in there today, as we'd sold out. What a blinkered bunch the Villa fans are. Really got the feeling they think the Championship is beneath them. Well on that performance, they'd better get used to it.

Pot, Kettle and Black come to mind.

We too have fans like that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Don't agree with some comments about villa. Yes they  may have trouble adjusting to championship, but villa are a fine traditional club with great following.

I got talking to some villa fans after that opening dat match when FF scored the winner, they were saying that the atmosphere at Hillsborough was better than anything they'd seen in the premiership. The noise and passion when we scored was spine tingling and the WHOLE ground was singing in unison.

What about wilderness as villas next manager?

• Like 1

Villa are a great club. They NEED to go up this year though so I can't see Bruce lasting much longer. They are in a huge hole with wages, if they are in this league next year then they will have to sell their best players to avoid penalties.

Lump on Wilder to be their gaffer before Christmas. He'll be there as quick as a flash given the chance. He's probably already got his agent on standby to put an application in.

It’s a weird one with Villa.

On one hand, f*ck em. Tried to throw money at it and swing their weight about with no strategy or respect for the league and it’s backfired. Tough. 

On the other.. look at the f*cking state of the Premiership. Huddersfield vs Bournemouth and Cardiff vs Fulham. Enough is enough. I’m about ready even for Leeds to go up (as long as we aren’t too long waiting to follow).

Edited by sheffield_dave

1 hour ago, wakefieldowl said:

Don't agree with some comments about villa. Yes they  may have trouble adjusting to championship, but villa are a fine traditional club with great following.

I got talking to some villa fans after that opening dat match when FF scored the winner, they were saying that the atmosphere at Hillsborough was better than anything they'd seen in the premiership. The noise and passion when we scored was spine tingling and the WHOLE ground was singing in unison.

What about wilderness as villas next manager?

bring on coco.

We should be the last people to criticise fans for thinking they deserve to be in the Pre. not the Championship Don't forget HMS 'wee wee the League'.

Villa are finding, like a lot of newly relegated clubs have found, that the Championship is a very competitive league, with standards not far behind many Premiership matches. I would venture to suggest that it's probably MORE competitive, for two factors. The first is that the top 5  can most probably be named before the start of the season. Just look at Arsene Wenger's league record, and he was one of the top managers . The second is that, with all the riches of the Prem. beaming, so many clubs are competitive.We considered League1 a difficult league to escape from. More so the Campionship.

2 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

We should be the last people to criticise fans for thinking they deserve to be in the Pre. not the Championship Don't forget HMS 'wee wee the League'.

Villa are finding, like a lot of newly relegated clubs have found, that the Championship is a very competitive league, with standards not far behind many Premiership matches. I would venture to suggest that it's probably MORE competitive, for two factors. The first is that the top 5  can most probably be named before the start of the season. Just look at Arsene Wenger's league record, and he was one of the top managers . The second is that, with all the riches of the Prem. beaming, so many clubs are competitive.We considered League1 a difficult league to escape from. More so the Campionship.

HMS PTL is a joke mate.

Don't take it seriously.

I was in the Trinity Road Stand and it was noticeable how quiet the Holte End was.  Live in the Midlands now and have been to Villa Park a few times and that was as quiet as I have ever seen it.  I think the fans have had enough of Bruce.

The Owls fans opposite where I was sat did us proud though, plenty of noise from over there!

2 hours ago, sheffield_dave said:

It’s a weird one with Villa.

On one hand, f*ck em. Tried to throw money at it and swing their weight about with no strategy or respect for the league and it’s backfired. Tough. 

On the other.. look at the f*cking state of the Premiership. Huddersfield vs Bournemouth and Cardiff vs Fulham. Enough is enough. I’m about ready even for Leeds to go up (as long as we aren’t too long waiting to follow).

Whats wrong with thise fixtures?

It doesnt matter the size of the club and they are there on merit.

Our fans sneer at these clubs who have bypassed us.

Its ridiculous

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

Villa are a huge club, I’d be angry and arrogant too if I had to play in the championship. They’re a top 10 prem club in terms of size and stature 

It just shows  that nobody had a devine right to anything in football and it can quickly bring you down to earth with a massive bump.

Although they have spent millions and tried to spend their way back up, I can’t help but like Villa. 

In on my eyes they are a class club. The ground is the best in the league, their kit is always really smart and they are a proper traditional club like ourselves. 

Fantastic atmosphere inside the ground yesterday with great banter between the fans. 

Wednesday fans singing “Just like Sheffield, your city is blue!”  Personally I cant stand Birmingham. Just scrubbers, plain and simple, but the Villa fans know that. Just like we know it about Pigs. 

Yesterday was a great advert for The Championship. End to end footy, two massive clubs, 35,000+ in the stadium. 

Then you put MOTD on this morning to watch Cardiff, Bournemouth, Huddersfield, Watford. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1