Holte End

4 hours ago, Bark1062 said:

Yeh what the hell have they won since 1930’s.

Arrogant! many fans accuse us of being.

They probably have more right to be than us though me thinks.

Me thinks they won the European Cup the year after they won the old first division in the early 80s. 

A great side st the time.

The ones I've met have the same expectation levels as the dirty ones, a tad annoying this arrogance thing.

2 hours ago, bradowl said:

Tin pot club, attendances are that bad they don't open one of stands. lol

35,000 indicates decent support. And we have had stands closed for years, so we can't talk. 

Aston Villa are a great football club. Nothing wrong with them, and we've never had any major issues with them. I see their relationship with Birmingham as similar to ours with United. It's like an aristocracy and land peasant set up. Having to swat them away with a copy of Harpers and Queen on a regular basis, throwing them old bread, chicken carcasses and 3 day old milk. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

TBF have always liked Villa since that team won the league and European cup. A quick glance at Villatalk this morning shows the opposite of arrogance, some compliments for the Owls, plenty of sound minded contributions about tactics,  but understandably, quite a few indicating disgruntlement with the gaffer:

“We scored one of the best goals this ground has seen in years, and 15 minutes later we could’ve been 5-1 down. Awful. Bruce out.”

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, zico.b said:

@stevewhiterose what was the noise like from those of us on the away end please?

When you're stood in it, you generally think it is loud, but from the Holte End..........?

Wednesday fans sounded really loud...looked really impressive especially when we scored, with the blue smoke etc. It was really difficult not to react but done it many times before. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Animis said:

A former big club, like Everton and Newcastle who like us have tradition but have missed the sky-money/large foreign backer gravy train, when others like Chelsea and Man C didn't.

I don't think that they've entirely missed out on the money. The Randy Lerner/Martin O'Neill years saw them spend millions and finish seventh in the premier league every season. Since relegation they've spaffed gazillions of parachute cash - Abrahams and Kodjia up front don't come for cheap for example. Bad management not lack of cash for me. 

17 minutes ago, NYowl said:

Worked in Smethwick for a while and found both Villa and Baggies fine, very respectful towards Wednesday.

Spiritual home of the West Mids Owls is Smethwick. Well Bearwood anyhow. Agree that Villa and Baggies are usually decent. Birmingham City are who get my goat - small club in the big city - remind us of anyone?!