Daniel Pudil

Ever since he was switched to centre half he hasn’t let us down what so ever. After watching him get turned inside out against Huddersfield in the play off Semi I was hoping I’d never see him in blue and white ever again. But he has been superb when relied upon at centre half, and he’s decent on possession too.

• Like 1

I think the added experience of Pudil and Hector made a massive difference today especially when we found ourselves under pressure .

Pudil is the best defender we have  at reading situations and getting in the right place . Comes with experience.

If we are to stick with a 3 then no reason why Lees and Hector can’t play every game while Thornily and Pudil rotate where necessary on the left

• Like 2

He saved us on many more occasions today than just the one (admittedly stunning) goalline flicked clearance, all in all he had a brilliant game IMO, might not have the legs but there's no replacement for experience, and he's willing to move forward with the ball and make forward passes not just to Bannan, that said I think a back three of Hector central, Lees right and Thorniley left is a very exciting prospect, how good was Hector? Wow, best defensive debut in a long, long time!

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Wouldn’t want to see Pudil ever play in a back 4 but he’s superb in a 5. It helps that he’s decent in possession as well.

Wonder if we should play 4-3-3 at home and 5-3-2 away.

Very interesting line up, I haven't been to the game.

But from the outside looking in, it's a great move by Jos.

Hector and Lees, 2 right footed CB's, one of them would have played on the left side and no doubt be scapegoated.

So Jos included Pudil, who is naturally comfortable at LCB.

Just shows you, it's not about how much your players are worth. (Grealish 20m, Bolasie 30m, Kodija 15m, Abraham 10m+)